Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I has recently brought some new computer parts and put together an intel base computer, but my first hard drive was a doa one
, after 5 days of use it was giving me the bsod for a few times before completely fails.

After waiting for two week for exchange i install the new hard drive but it keep givings me the blue screen of death occasionally about 5 time a day. I am pretty sure my parts are compatible but can anyone see if i did anything wrong?

mobo
55-USB3
cpu: i5-760
gpu: geforce 460 SE
hard drive: WD black caviar 1tb 6 cache
ram: CMX4GX3M2A1333C9 4GBx1
power: ultra X4 750w
opti:Samsung 22X DVDRW SATA OEM

I am running on window 7 home premium

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Could be anything from your mobo to you psu. Trying swapping out parts. But I would think its your mobo because a new drive shouldn't be dead alreadly unless you are un lucky. Trying switching which sata port you use your drive on. run memtest to check your ram. Swap out new parts for old ones.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses, i wil try memtest out first. I have not also changes any ram voltage so I will google that too unless anyone know the voltage for this mobo and ram.

Also if it help, for the 5 days that it works prefectly, i ran sc2 and on the fifth day the game crashes continously saying some files is corrupted, which make me try to reinstalls the game until i figure one it was a bad hard drive.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Its to early to call but it sounds alot like a issue i had with a Biostar motherboard.

I did the same and replaced the hard drive but five days later i got the same exact problem. I RMA'ed the board and the problem was then solved.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also i cannot update 2 window update because of registry problem, could the registry problem and the missing update possibly the thing tha causes the bsod?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by speedback
View Post

@stuffstuff can you explain what "RMA'ed" stand for? I am still a beginner in building computers.

RMA = Return mail address

Basically i got a replacement..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just ran memtest and it said basically this :"memory detect error xxxxxxxxxxx, memtest detected that your computer cannot accurately store memory in your ram, you need to fix this"

and iI could return my mobo if need to, but it seen the corsair ram could be the cause of the bsod.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
RMA = Return Merchandise Authorization

Basically you tell the company your motherboard is jacked up and explain to them what's wrong with it. Then when they're satisfied with the diagnostics and information being presented they will give you a Return Merchandise Authorization number. This number is the case number assigned to your problem. You usually write this number on your package that you send to them to identify the contents of it to the company when they receive it. Then they check it out, test it out, see if anything is wrong, fix it if they can, and if they can't fix it then they send you a new one or a refurbished or used one. It may take a week or several weeks.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by anoob
View Post

RMA = Return Merchandise Authorization

Basically you tell the company your motherboard is jacked up and explain to them what's wrong with it. Then when they're satisfied with the diagnostics and information being presented they will give you a Return Merchandise Authorization number. This number is the case number assigned to your problem. You usually write this number on your package that you send to them to identify the contents of it to the company when they receive it. Then they check it out, test it out, see if anything is wrong, fix it if they can, and if they can't fix it then they send you a new one or a refurbished or used one. It may take a week or several weeks.

Or that i just guessed LOL

·
Registered
12 Posts
sounds like a ram issue. I'm also getting issues with the most recent nvidia driver 260.99(?). Older drivers stop my BSODs

·
Registered
714 Posts
I am baffled from the information given how anyone at this point has figured it is the MB ? I have not seen any indication that it is. First , What is the code you are getting with the BSOD's ? Google that code and tell me what it says. Try a different connection from the PSU to HD. Double DOUBLE check all connections and reseat everything. You did use the standoffs for the MB ? I see you said you are new to building computers, so I feel the simplest troubleshooting questions is where we should start.

What kind of cooler are you using ? did you use thermal paste, and how did you apply it?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedback;12024461
I just ran memtest and it said basically this :"memory detect error xxxxxxxxxxx, memtest detected that your computer cannot accurately store memory in your ram, you need to fix this"

and iI could return my mobo if need to, but it seen the corsair ram could be the cause of the bsod.
Did you do this ONE stick at a time? if it is ram... usually one stick will be bad... not all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts