Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm usin the comp in my sig tho it;s running stock now and i'm usin a generic 400watt psu crap i tell ya but, I have been getting so many blue screen's telling me there was a prob and restarts my computer i'm talkings 4-6 aday no less could it be my psu isn't powerful enuff for my system only needs it for one more week then my repacement 420watt Tt comes in. I could be playing a game or just surfing the net locks up blue screen restarts.

Is this to much for my crappy psu been usin it for 2 weeks only started 5 days ago with so many blue screen's. Took my 30gig backup drive out.

2500+ stock
7NNXP
1 gig ram
1 floppy
Pioneer DVD burner
LG cd-rw
9500pro
Skull Case and Hardcano
6x80mm fans
1x120mm fan
1 modem
1 usb pci slot card
120gig sata WD HD

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123
it could be that your ram is bad, i doubt its your psu. maybe try icreasing the ram voltage a bit?
He could risk blowin the PSU, lol... Sounds like it might be on it's last legs as it is, I don't know how wise it would be to try and up the vdimm on a craphouse psu.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is those super generic psu's LOL. I do notice it's cool in my room but air coming out of psu is super hot not like my Tt was tho it had 2 fans. Maybe th pau is almost dead LOL that would be 2 psu's in a month well 3 hehe.

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123
yeah, ok, try upgrading the psu first, if it dont go away, i still will think its ram...lol
I'm definately not doubting that it could be the ram, but the PSU is a fairly inexpensive upgrade that could make it work right, and it sounds as if it needs to be replaced any how. That should narrow it down to the ram if the psu doesnt fix the problem.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I might try a memtest later to see if it's the prob tho i dout it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.