Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a "Rocketfish" USB BT-3.0 adapter installed with the latest drivers plugged into my 64bit Win7 Home pc (built myself, so I'm not a newbie.)

I received a "MicroBoom" BT wireless speaker as a gift. It works just fine with my cellphone, but Windows refuses to connect to it.

They say a picture's worth a thousand words, so:

As you can see, Windows detects the MicroBoom (though misreports it as a "headset") and the BT Audio drivers are installed & working, but in trying to set it as my output device, the Sound Manager reports it as "disconnected".

I've searched high & low for a solution but nothing seems to apply. Any ideas? Thx.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugsy View Post

I have a "Rocketfish" USB BT-3.0 adapter installed with the latest drivers plugged into my 64bit Win7 Home pc (built myself, so I'm not a newbie.)

I received a "MicroBoom" BT wireless speaker as a gift. It works just fine with my cellphone, but Windows refuses to connect to it.

They say a picture's worth a thousand words, so:

As you can see, Windows detects the MicroBoom (though misreports it as a "headset") and the BT Audio drivers are installed & working, but in trying to set it as my output device, the Sound Manager reports it as "disconnected".

I've searched high & low for a solution but nothing seems to apply. Any ideas? Thx.
Hey bud.

So the BT device should be connected in a NON 3.0 USB port make sure it is connected to a USB 2.0 port (black) and avoid plugging it in a USB 3.0 port.

This is a common problem hope this helps, if not let me know
thumb.gif

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Follow-up. Purchased a USB BT v4.0 adapter. Got a little further, but same result. Device found & paired, but Windows Audio Manager (Control Panel | Sound) reports it as "Disconnected" (all drivers installed & working, including "BlueTooth Hands-Free Audio" listed under Sound Devices in the Device Manager.)

Another post mentioned going into "Devices & Printers", right-clicking on the device, switching to the "Services" tab and checking all the boxes (including "Audio Sink" & "Headset").

I see no reason why Windows "Sound" manager still reports my "BlueTooth Hands-Free Audio" device as "Disconnected" when it is on & paired.
mad.gif

Follow-up #2: Fixed... kinda, and only for only a minute. Not entirely sure what changed. I opened "Devices & Printer", switched the speaker to Discovery and this time I when I right-clicked my "MicroBoom" device, selecting "Control" did not produce an error. Instead, I got a "Connect" dialog that appeared and then vanished a second later. After several tries, the dialog stayed open and I was able to click the "Connect" button, which worked. I was able to connect and use my speaker for about two minutes when it suddenly disconnected for no reason.

Went back and repeatedly retried to connect the speaker, but after the "Connect" dialog appeared/disappeared several times, soon it stopped even appearing at all.
frown.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts