3,049 Posts
Does a 4850 still get decent ppd?

·
Premium Member
4,273 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,962 Posts
I thought I would revive this thread, since this is the thread that all of the projects link to it. Not to revive it for nothing, here is a link to a great Afterburner skin that is "Unleashing the DRAGON!"

Dragoon Army Skins

·
Registered
19 Posts
How exactly do I join this Team? There is no button that says join team on the team site.

·
Premium Member
6,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsom View Post

How exactly do I join this Team? There is no button that says join team on the team site.
on each project you will need to join the team by searching for overclock.net and clicking join team.
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
2,865 Posts
Timely for this thread to pop up now. I have a new power supply on order and this will allow me to add a 6750 to the 7850 I currently have in my W7 box. I have been looking around for a guide or something on using 2 GPUs but haven't found it yet. Is it possible to run them on different projects at the same time?

·
Premium Member
4,962 Posts
Yes, it is possible to run separate projects on different GPU's in your system.

You will need to add a few flags to your cc_config.xml in order to exclude projects from one of your GPU's.

Code:

Code:
<exclude_gpu>
        <url>http://moowrap.net/</url>
        <device_num>0</device_num>
        <type>ATI</type>
        <app></app>
</exclude_gpu>
<exclude_gpu>
        <url>http://boinc.freerainbowtables.com/distrrtgen/</url>
        <device_num>1</device_num>
        <type>ATI</type>
        <app></app>
</exclude_gpu>
The example above was what I used when I had a 6870 and a 7970 in the same system. Using these flags I ran DiRT on my 7970 and Moo on my 6870.

Typically your primary GPU will be device_num 0, and subsequent GPU's wil be device 1, device 2, etc.
I usually open the all_projects_list.xml to be sure that I have the correct url for the project that I am excluding.
If the [app] section is left blank it will exclude all applications, from the specified project, from running on the selected GPU. This can also be used to exclude certain apps (if a project has multiple GPU apps) from running on the selected GPU.

Your cc_config and the all_projects_list documents are in the BOINC Data folder. If the default folder locations were used when BOINC was installed, then the BOINC Data folder will be located at: C:\ProgramData\BOINC on a Windows machine.

·
Premium Member
6,867 Posts
Joined up this afternoon with a trio of 7970s, a 6970, 3770k, 1090T and my ol' reliable unlocked 550BE. What actually caught my eye was DistRTgen, their collection of RTs is awesome -- noticed I could help them out with BOINC, so here I am!

·
Premium Member
2,865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tictoc View Post

Yes, it is possible to run separate projects on different GPU's in your system.

You will need to add a few flags to your cc_config.xml in order to exclude projects from one of your GPU's.

Code:

Code:
<exclude_gpu>
        <url>http://moowrap.net/</url>
        <device_num>0</device_num>
        <type>ATI</type>
        <app></app>
</exclude_gpu>
<exclude_gpu>
        <url>http://boinc.freerainbowtables.com/distrrtgen/</url>
        <device_num>1</device_num>
        <type>ATI</type>
        <app></app>
</exclude_gpu>
The example above was what I used when I had a 6870 and a 7970 in the same system. Using these flags I ran DiRT on my 7970 and Moo on my 6870.

Typically your primary GPU will be device_num 0, and subsequent GPU's wil be device 1, device 2, etc.
I usually open the all_projects_list.xml to be sure that I have the correct url for the project that I am excluding.
If the [app] section is left blank it will exclude all applications, from the specified project, from running on the selected GPU. This can also be used to exclude certain apps (if a project has multiple GPU apps) from running on the selected GPU.

Your cc_config and the all_projects_list documents are in the BOINC Data folder. If the default folder locations were used when BOINC was installed, then the BOINC Data folder will be located at: C:\ProgramData\BOINC on a Windows machine.
Cool thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,962 Posts
Welcome to the team.
:cheers:

There are a lot of interesting research projects to crunch, and it is fun to see how many points we can accumulate in the monthly BGB events.

·
Premium Member
10,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechCrazy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROBN4LYFE View Post

i started on the 3rd...this is fun
biggrin.gif
Whats your favorite project so far?
That Milky Way is quick with the crossfire 6950's I'll try it on the 7950 when i get home tonight. Trying to find some reasonable R9 290s atm for my new Maximus projects
thumb.gif

·
⤷ αC
11,278 Posts
Quote:

That Milky Way is quick with the crossfire 6950's I'll try it on the 7950 when i get home tonight. Trying to find some reasonable R9 290s atm for my new Maximus projects
thumb.gif
Should be 50-80% faster on the HD7950 depending on clocks (than a single HD6950 that hasn't been flashed to HD6970)

R9 290 is actually slower than HD7950 on Milkyway since it has 1/8 FP64 rather than 1/4

·
Premium Member
10,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaC View Post

Quote:

thumb.gif
Should be 50-80% faster on the HD7950 depending on clocks (than a single HD6950 that hasn't been flashed to HD6970)

R9 290 is actually slower than HD7950 on Milkyway since it has 1/8 FP64 rather than 1/4
6950's are flashed but my 7950 will bench anything at 1300/1600 all day so we'll see.

1361 - 1380 of 1419 Posts