Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm getting ready for the BOINC a'thon and was wondering how I would set up the client to work on my CPU, 470 and my newly purchased 240?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
5,109 Posts
Have you tried setting it up yet?
What project(s) will they be running?

If you have both GPUs in the system with drivers properly installed, the project you are running supports both of the cards, and if it is only running on one card (usually the primary)
I have a file here I have been using for collatz to force it to use all my GPUs. Not sure if it is for collatz only...

You can unzip and drop the attached file into this directory:
C:\\ProgramData\\BOINC

Then restart BOINC.

here is what is in the file if you just want to make your own

cc_config.xml

Code:
Code:
<cc_config>
<options>
<use_all_gpus>1</use_all_gpus>
</options>
</cc_config>

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by k4m1k4z3
View Post

If you have both GPUs in the system with drivers properly installed, the project you are running supports both of the cards, and if it is only running on one card (usually the primary)
I have a file here I have been using for collatz to force it to use all my GPUs. Not sure if it is for collatz only...

Then restart BOINC.

cc_config.xml

Code:
Code:
<cc_config>
<options>
</options>
</cc_config>
I'm not sure what Project I will be running. I'm thinking Aqua for the CPU and DNET or whatever its called for the GPU's once it comes back online.

Thanks for the config! I'll test it out later today.

·
Premium Member
6,446 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by k4m1k4z3 View Post

Then restart BOINC.

cc_config.xml

Code:

Code:
<cc_config>
<options>
</options>
</cc_config>

its enables any gpus that are detected by boinc but are not in use. if its not being detected by boinc you will not see it in the messages tab. in that case you will need to have a monitor hooked to it and your desktop extended to enable it so boinc can see it and then maybe the config file if boinc sees it but doesnt use it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts