·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Signature link:

Help promote the event by putting this in your sig:

Code:

Code:
[CENTER]:gotproof:[URL=http://www.overclock.net/t/1531510/boincers-gone-bonkers-47-january-5th-8th/0_50][B]BOINCers Gone Bonkers #47 - January 5th-8th[/B][/URL]:gotproof:[CENTER]

:gotproof:
BOINCers Gone Bonkers #47 - January 5th-8th
:gotproof:

Time and date:

The event is due to begin on January 5th @ 00:00 EST Countdown to Start

And due to finish on January 8th @ 00:00 EST Countdown to Finish

Helpful Links for BGB:

Prize List

• ($75) - $75 Paypal - Donated by Overclock.net
    Winner: CynicalUnicorn

• ($50) - $50 Paypal - Donated by Overclock.net
    Winner: DarkStar99
  • ($50) - $50 Paypal - Donated by Overclock.net
    Winner: emoga
  • ($35) - Overclocked Account - Donated by Overclock.net
    Winner: Scubadiver59
  • ($25) - $25 Paypal - Donated by Overclock.net
    Winner: nova4005

• ($20) - $20 Paypal - Donated by Overclock.net
    Winner: patmat974

• ($10) - $10 Paypal - Donated by Overclock.net

Winner: k4m1k4z3

And the following prizes are drawn once a day:

Winner: Gavush

Winner: Suferbus

Winner: bfromcolo

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkQOm4i5xqx5dEZuV0dYaG0ybWY2R1E1WnVHVHZRcWc&single=true&gid=19&output=html&widget=true

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
In
thumb.gif

2015 Here we come

·
Hello!
472 Posts
Signed up and ready to go!

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
In for this one.

Received my third and last RockMiner New R-Box...still haven't set up the first one yet, but hope to get all three up and BOINCing over the holidays.
wink.gif

·
Registered
379 Posts
Signed up, should have my second New R-Box up and running by the time this BGB starts, but still rolling with 2 CPIDS. I entered both CPID's into the sign up form separated by a hyphen, so I guess thats how ill have to roll until these sync up, if ever.

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suferbus View Post

Signed up, should have my second New R-Box up and running by the time this BGB starts, but still rolling with 2 CPIDS. I entered both CPID's into the sign up form separated by a hyphen, so I guess thats how ill have to roll until these sync up, if ever.
I got all three of mine up today, with a little help, and I'm looking at an R3, or two, to go after LarsL!

Also, if I'm reading things right, we're now 9th w/BCU, and still 11th w/o BCU, but we're crawling up [email protected]'s backside for 10th!!
thumb.gif

·
Registered
379 Posts
We are going to be killing it! Has anyone heard if Nvidia discontinued the Titan Z? Newegg has it out of stock, and probably not going to be restocked, EVGA has been out for weeks, and i see a few hear and there on EBAY but prices are way to high seeing as how they are around 1500 now. I am looking for a 2nd one.

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Quote:

We are going to be killing it! Has anyone heard if Nvidia discontinued the Titan Z? Newegg has it out of stock, and probably not going to be restocked, EVGA has been out for weeks, and i see a few hear and there on EBAY but prices are way to high seeing as how they are around 1500 now. I am looking for a 2nd one.
Now why would you drop change on something like that when the newer technology is so much more efficient, less power hungry, and less expensive?

Like when I dropped $360 on a 780 Lightning for a triple build I was going to do -- I'm now sending two of the cards to my bro-in-law -- and could've spent the money on some more 970s that use less power and get much better BOINC/Folding results!!
wink.gif

·
Registered
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadiver59 View Post

Now why would you drop change on something like that when the newer technology is so much more efficient, less power hungry, and less expensive?

Like when I dropped $360 on a 780 Lightning for a triple build I was going to do -- I'm now sending two of the cards to my bro-in-law -- and could've spent the money on some more 970s that use less power and get much better BOINC/Folding results!!
wink.gif
I just dig the Titan Z's, and I got such a good deal on the 1st one, i might as well keep it if i can find a 2nd one--I only paid 1100 for the first one. Also, I run 3 1080P monitors, and I have to have a min of 6gb vram for some of the games/apps I run. 4gb vram would never be enough, I would hit a vram wall for sure, already went that route. I have owned 2x Mars 760s, 3x EVGA 780's, 2x 780 Kinpins, and a single 980 all in the last year, and I had lack of vram issues on some games with everyone of those, and would have to back my settings down. Now, once Nvidia comes out with the 8gb 980 or whatever they are going to call it, I am down and will retire the Z!
thumb.gif

·
aka Fury1184
1,366 Posts
I dunno...I've been doing just fine with 3GBs on my 780Ti SLI setup at 5760x1080. I've worried about that myself, but I haven't seen anything from reviews that says I need more. And I'll max out the settings except AA I'll set to 4x, otherwise the FPS starts to dip too low.

post #500!

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
It's funny how much information is out there that one doesn't know about...

Like finding out about Free-DC...it was probably mentioned before but I never paid it any mind...and now I'm sorry I looked!!
tongue.gif

Just who is BlackOps...their current numbers are crushing, though they have a ways to go before they catch SETI...but crushing nonetheless!

Like today, they're the only ones ahead of us on BOINC+BCU stats.

Just wait until I get my R3s!!!
tongue.gif

·
Registered
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdaimon View Post

I dunno...I've been doing just fine with 3GBs on my 780Ti SLI setup at 5760x1080. I've worried about that myself, but I haven't seen anything from reviews that says I need more. And I'll max out the settings except AA I'll set to 4x, otherwise the FPS starts to dip too low.
Ya, I could make 3gb gpu's work too, but I just can't get myself to think its okay spending 700-800 per gtx 780 gpu and having to "turn back" any settings including A/A to get it to kinda work and then be okay with it. Way I see it, if I'm going to put that kind of money in my system, i better be able to turn it all up on a 1080p set up, thus the titan z, well and i also invested in 3 6gb 780's before the z and they were great, i am kinda upset i let them go and went to the z, but hindsight is 20/20. I enjoyed the 3 way sli, which is why i would like to find another z, then dedicate 1 of the gpu's on the 2nd z to physx, and run the remaining 3 as tri sli.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Finally got my cpid's to match up. I just kept going back and forth between BU and GPUGRID and it worked. Can I go back into the sign up form and get rid of the 2nd cpid 617452b9bcf503fe8cff1c052a06330e that i don't need anymore?

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Quote:

Finally got my cpid's to match up. I just kept going back and forth between BU and GPUGRID and it worked. Can I go back into the sign up form and get rid of the 2nd cpid 617452b9bcf503fe8cff1c052a06330e that i don't need anymore?
It's funny that yours took so long...I think mine was sync'd up the first day. But I created the account from BOINC BAM! and not directly in the BCU site itself.

Which did you do for the account creation?

1 - 20 of 211 Posts