41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
OC...D
27,888 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
that doesnt look too bad? maybe just zoom in on it?

I still can't see my username in the list. Also, does free-dc limit the number of users it can pull info for to 30?

Regarding Collatz, I was going to throw some GPUs at it, but I can't seem to grab any tasks. Is anyone else getting tasks for NVIDIA GPUs in Linux?

Getting Collatz tasks just fine here.

·
OC...D
27,888 Posts
that doesnt look too bad? maybe just zoom in on it?
Thanks. It's fine. I have scaling at 100% - no worries I can zoom it if needed.

·
Premium Member
4,790 Posts
I still can't see my username in the list. Also, does free-dc limit the number of users it can pull info for to 30?
Looks like it is grabbing an old list. Time to give it a kick @DarkRyder. :buttkick:

Getting Collatz tasks just fine here.
I am getting units on one of my machines now. Not sure what's going on with the other one. :thinking:

·
OC...D
27,888 Posts
hey guys, how can I limit numberfield to a set number of CPUs (not thru the GUI options). I'm running MW on this rig and have a couple of dozen "free" threads that I could dedicate to a cpu project like NF or Universe.
is the attached completely off base for 10 threads?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,790 Posts
hey guys, how can I limit numberfield to a set number of CPUs (not thru the GUI options). I'm running MW on this rig and have a couple of dozen "free" threads that I could dedicate to a cpu project like NF or Universe.
You can add an app_config that will limit the number of tasks for the project. Adjust to the number of tasks you want to run, then save as "app_config.xml", and put it in the project's folder in the BOINC Data directory.

Code:
<app_config>
        <project_max_concurrent>XX</project_max_concurrent>
 </app_config>
*Edit* After putting the file in the project's folder, in BOINC Manager go to "Options" and click "Read config files" and it will immediately change to the number of tasks you set.

·
OC...D
27,888 Posts
You can add an app_config that will limit the number of tasks for the project. Adjust to the number of tasks you want to run, then save as "app_config.xml", and put it in the project's folder in the BOINC Data directory.

Code:
<app_config>
</app_config>
Fantastic! Thanks!

·
OC...D
27,888 Posts
okay - I started with 12... let's see if the OC holds up. pulling a lot of watts. 550-630 :O

Attachments

·
OC...D
27,888 Posts
@Jpmboy I just saw your attached file. You only need the above, and be sure to save it as a .xml and not a .txt file. :thumb:
lol - I waited for your reply before f-ing anything up. :)
Thanks again.

·
OC...D
27,888 Posts

·
OC...D
27,888 Posts
anyone get the new MW bundle5_3s work units yet?

·
Not so new anymore...
23 Posts

Code:
<app_config>
 </app_config>
*Edit* After putting the file in the project's folder, in BOINC Manager go to "Options" and click "Read config files" and it will immediately change to the number of tasks you set.
Couple of questions. I'm guessing this code piece will work for any project? I'm running Universe right now and would like to pare down the number of tasks running. Will this do it? Also what would happen to the tasks that are already in progress?

*EDIT* Figured this one out. It took a while for the site to update. No new tasks coming. Also, in the Advanced View of BOINC Manager, I've set my Universe project to not get any new tasks but they're still coming. What would cause that and would the code fix that?

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
4,790 Posts
Couple of questions. I'm guessing this code piece will work for any project? I'm running Universe right now and would like to pare down the number of tasks running. Will this do it? Also what would happen to the tasks that are already in progress?

*EDIT* Figured this one out. It took a while for the site to update. No new tasks coming. Also, in the Advanced View of BOINC Manager, I've set my Universe project to not get any new tasks but they're still coming. What would cause that and would the code fix that?

Thanks for the help.

Looks like you got it figured out, but for any one else, that app_config can be dropped in any project folder. The other tasks that are already running will be suspended and then they will be the first tasks to resume once the current tasks are finished running.
Once you set "No new tasks", then the project should stop requesting tasks. I've never had a project continue to request new work after setting "No new tasks". Not sure what would cause that. Any chance you can post the relevant section of the BOINC log that shows before and after setting "No new Tasks"?

41 - 60 of 72 Posts