Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Do you know if one is able to do a test boot before installing your graphics card?

The reason why I'm asking is because I received my H61 motherboard and all the other parts, but not my graphics card. It should be here by Friday. As you know the Asus P8H61 Pro has no VGA ports so I can't plug in my monitor. Will I still be able to boot up my PC without any display?

·
Registered
169 Posts
plug up the system speaker and u can atleast hear the POST beep. its like an eargasm hearing that little beep on a new build...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure if have a system speaker, Please don't laugh! I saw on the Newegg "How to build a computer" series that the guy has a speaker thing plugged into the motherboard, but I don't think I have that.

·
Premium Member
7,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre2807 View Post

Hi guys. Do you know if one is able to do a test boot before installing your graphics card?

The reason why I'm asking is because I received my H61 motherboard and all the other parts, but not my graphics card. It should be here by Friday. As you know the Asus P8H61 Pro has no VGA ports so I can't plug in my monitor. Will I still be able to boot up my PC without any display?
No, and it serves no purpose because the BIOS will stop at no "graphics adapter" detected. That's as far as you can test at the stop code.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts