Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, since my PSU is being dumb about not letting me stabley OC higher then this, I said lets tighten timings.

I was prime stable at 2-3-3-5-8 so I tried Cas 1.5. Well it's working, gotta try prime. one thing tho, CPU-Z has a blank spot where Cas goes now. IT's greyed out. It displayed all cas's from 2 up but 1.5 is blank. Interesting.

Who else got Cas 1.5??? I know yiffy did before.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still running prime no errors!!! Wonder about cas 1????

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullyveldt

Still running prime no errors!!! Wonder about cas 1????

Good luck. I had a system running 'stable' cas2 for ages, and then after about 5 hours of gaming and ripping dvds (at the same time) it crashed.

I was sticking 3.2v thru the ram tho...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I'm pushing 3V thru it, but it's only getting 2.97-2.99V

I tried Cas one, failure. It posted and I got to see the screen say CL1 but then the raid said error, I rebooted and lost the sytem. Has to clear cmos.

Oh well, happy with 1.5, just wish CPU-Z would register it. Boot up shows it. Any other programs out there measure Cas latencies??

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy
Psh where you been, I'm running 260x10 1.5-2-2-10

Dude if you read my first post I mention who else has cas 1.5 besides you. Other then that I've been under a rock.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullyveldt

Dude if you read my first post I mention who else has cas 1.5 besides you. Other then that I've been under a rock.

Good job on that!!
Get A64 Tweaker(google), that'll read all the CAS, and you can mess with the timings in windows... The only bad thing is, if you take it too far windows locks up and you have to reboot.

I wish I could run CAS1.5 @ 290fsb
, heck I'd be happy running CAS2 at this FSB.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
I didn't like A64 Tweaker, when I had it, it caused CPU-Z to missreport and lock-up
But I dunno, maybe they've fixed it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for A64 tweaker. Don't know if I'll mess with timings thru windows(windows is evil) but it does report my cas of 1.5. yay.

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
Quote:

Psh where you been, I'm running 260x10 1.5-2-2-10

where can one purchase BH-5 ram? , yiffy your system must be a mofo folder

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Unfortunately BH-5 has been out of production for almost a year now. You might be able to find some on ebay, but expect it to be very expensive (~$300 for 1GB).

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
Quote:

Unfortunately BH-5 has been out of production for almost a year now. You might be able to find some on ebay, but expect it to be very expensive (~$300 for 1GB).

ys it out of production?

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
It was made by a company called Winbound, and Winbound has since been bought out by Infineon. The chips themselves were very "large" in terms of die size and very expensive to make (I paid roughly $150 for my 512MB module) and there just wasn't enough demand for them to make enough money sadly....

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
Quote:

It was made by a company called Winbound, and Winbound has since been bought out by Infineon. The chips themselves were very "large" in terms of die size and very expensive to make (I paid roughly $150 for my 512MB module) and there just wasn't enough demand for them to make enough money sadly....

a c**p if only we could get dell to put it in their PCs then there would be enuf demand

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
It's just bad luck dude. I know exactly how you feel.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts