Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I installed borderlands this week and start playing it... But i cant get more than 30 fps, how ever i think my notebook isnt that bad.

intel core P8700
4GB ram
Ati Mobility Radeon HD 4650
1920-1080(i also play it on this resolution)

I tried different things, like putting A.I. catalyst of in my ccc.
I putted vsync on (i found lots of stuff about it on the internet)

I found lots of possible solutions but none of those seem to work.

Maybe I am expecting too much from my notebook? or can i somehow get more frps in thsi game.

Jepp

·
Registered
236 Posts
It's the graphics card, lower the res to 1280x720, dial down shaders and shadows, and DO NOT TURN ON V-SYNC IF YOU'RE NOT GETTING MORE FPS THAN THE REFRESH RATE OF YOUR MONITOR!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Thing is, Notebooks run at waay slower speed than there desktop countertops. Your notebook has nice specs, there just too underclocked to provide you with more than 30fps. Have you tried lowering the res abit?

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Look at your resolution your playing at, and your video card. Dial the resolution down.
Bring down shadows if you can?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My graphic card is 2281mb and thats still not enough? I just tried it at resolution 1280-720. And now i get 40 fps which is good for me.

Lowering from 1080p to 720p is really huge in my opinion. I kinda struggle with it.

Anyway thanks for the fast reply's

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jepp01;13136944
Hello,

I installed borderlands this week and start playing it... But i cant get more than 30 fps, how ever i think my notebook isnt that bad.

intel core P8700
4GB ram
Ati Mobility Radeon HD 4650
1920-1080(i also play it on this resolution)

I tried different things, like putting A.I. catalyst of in my ccc.
I putted vsync on (i found lots of stuff about it on the internet)

I found lots of possible solutions but none of those seem to work.

Maybe I am expecting too much from my notebook? or can i somehow get more frps in thsi game.

Jepp
I'd say 30FPS at the most is about right for that graphics card at 1920X1080. You should lower the screen resolution.
If you really want to play at the settings you want with more FPS you'll have to buy another laptop or computer as I don't think you could upgrade that Graphics Card in the laptop.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jepp01;13137061
My graphic card is 2281mb and thats still not enough? I just tried it at resolution 1280-720. And now i get 40 fps which is good for me.

Lowering from 1080p to 720p is really huge in my opinion. I kinda struggle with it.

Even though it's 2281mb it may not be fast enough to keep up with everything.
You could have as much VRAM as possible but if your card is not fast enough you won't be able to play it smoothly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shadows are off. Whit shaddows onn i had like 10fps. But now on 720p its fine. I just have to live whit it.

·
Premium Member
5,445 Posts
I downloaded this last night and am sad that I cannot max it out without extreme frame drops. Gonna scour the Gearbox forums for a solution as I'm confident I should be able to run this at max settings.

To think the Xbox 360 runs it better just makes me cry.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshield;13138149
I downloaded this last night and am sad that I cannot max it out without extreme frame drops. Gonna scour the Gearbox forums for a solution as I'm confident I should be able to run this at max settings.

To think the Xbox 360 runs it better just makes me cry.
You should be able to, I can run it at max 1080 @ over 90fps constantly, except in one particularly demanding DLC.

Could be your CPU, this games loves processing power.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jepp01;13137061

Your graphics card isn't 2281mb, that's probably Hypermemory there. Basically, it takes away system memory (ram) and adds it to the graphics card when it needs it.

If you can, go into Bios and disable it.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshield;13138366
I would have thought a 3.4ghz quad core would be enough, lol.
Mine definitely felt smoother at 4ghz compared to 2.8 anyway. Less fps drops, stutter, higher overall framerate.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheBelow;13138675
Mine definitely felt smoother at 4ghz compared to 2.8 anyway. Less fps drops, stutter, higher overall framerate.
When my I7 was overclocked I noticed a difference. Less microstutter, and the mouse felt more responsive...

It's like Mirrors Edge; it's a *female dog* for clock speeds

1 - 15 of 15 Posts