Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SharpShoot3r07
View Post

I know Bose headphones are like the best and was wondering if there is anything from bose that is better than these headphones within the same price range? They will probably mostly be used for music and maybe on games if they sound good.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826627003

Audio Technica AD700 is my recommendation. They are better than the over-hyped Bose.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I know Bose headphones are like the best and was wondering if there is anything from bose that is better than these headphones within the same price range? They will probably mostly be used for music and maybe on games if they sound good.

Inb4 the audiophile rayge.

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
AD700 is much better when the majority of it's use is FPS gaming otherwise there are better for the $$$ for music.

Anyway:

Music tastes?
Max budget?
How are you going to use it?
Other things to consider?

Anyway, Bose is far from the best (you bought into the marketing, yes, we love those ads!) and there is so so so so so much better for the price.

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Then you don't know a lot

I would get a good set of full ear coverage headphones for gaming and such. I have the AD700's from Audio-Technica that has been previously suggested and they're really great with my Xonar D2. I woul suggest them if your budget is quite low as these are good for an entry level audiophile grade set of headphones.

Bose is over-hyped and over priced. You can do much better for the price of a decent set of bose heaphones.

·
Guitar + Amp = Happiness
3,702 Posts
I like the Creative Aurvana Live headphones, they are super comfortable and sound great for 75$.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol I said they are like the best cause bose is over hyped. Ive used them before and I liked them.
This will mostly be used for listening to my Ipod and maybe games. I have some Sennheiser HD 555s but for some reason the sound is not that great for games. My Ipod in ear headphones are way better. I dont understand that. I don't have a sound card in my computer because my video card covers the 2nd PCIe Slot. So my headphones are plugged into my Speakers volume control thing that comes with the logitech Z4.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi
View Post

AD700 is much better when the majority of it's use is FPS gaming otherwise there are better for the $$$ for music.

Anyway:

Music tastes?
Max budget?
How are you going to use it?
Other things to consider?

Anyway, Bose is far from the best (you bought into the marketing, yes, we love those ads!) and there is so so so so so much better for the price.

I would listen to this man, he knows his stuff about audio.

I personally would not buy the Bose....I sadly have a friend already lost to the marketing that is Bose.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Keep in mind I would probably be wearing these in public with my ipod. I don't wanna be walking around with a gaming headset on lol. And if they are good for games then I guess that's just a bonus. So these will be mostly for MUSIC. Sorry if I was not clear the first time.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi
View Post

music taste?
max budget?

Rock, Metal, and Gaga lol
probably no more than $150

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Rock, Metal, and Gaga lol
probably no more than $150

Gaga? Don't buy heaphones, just stab your ear-drums with an ice pick.

Back on topic, I like Senn's personally. I have a set of Koss buds that are decent and they are cheap at Walmart, I use them for my ipod since I don't need a high dollar set on my head when I am traveling.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ill throw my 2 cents in. Those of you saying Bose is over-hyped and over priced. Do you guys own any Bose pieces at all? Ive bought speakers from many different manufactures over my years. I can with all honesty say that you get what you pay for. Back in 1985 I was in Okinawa Japan while in the Marines. I listened to many different sets of speakers. All with the same type of music. The Bose blew me away with the sound quality. I still have that same set of Bose 901s. Yes, i paid a pretty penny for them. They are worth it. I also owned Bose 301s. I have Bose Home theater Surround. Bose Quiet comfort headphones. I do own other speakers and head phones as well. None of them stack up to what Bose can make.

Yes there are other speakers / headsets out there. You get what you pay for. If you are looking at that $140 range and you liked the Bose. Id get em. Or save your self some money and buy something cheaper. If these are gonna be daily users. Might as well get something you dont mind breaking, wearing out or have someone steal. For my computer I use Razer Carcharias. They have a mike on them. Plus they are over ear.... to block all the external noise. I use them mainly for gaming. Nice bass response. The wife uses the Bose with her Ipod. Oh... thats right....... I also bought her a Bose Ipod Sound dock for christmas. All I can say is WOW. Ok.... good luck finding some headphones.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I listened to those Bose headphones before and I loved them but it seems like everybody else hates them.

Also can anybody explain to me why my Sennheiser HD 555s suck ass? the in ear headphones that came with my Ipod are better....

·
Registered
343 Posts
Quote:

View Post

lol I said they are like the best cause bose is over hyped. Ive used them before and I liked them.
This will mostly be used for listening to my Ipod and maybe games. I have some Sennheiser HD 555s but for some reason the sound is not that great for games. My Ipod in ear headphones are way better. I dont understand that. I don't have a sound card in my computer because my video card covers the 2nd PCIe Slot. So my headphones are plugged into my Speakers volume control thing that comes with the logitech Z4.

Your iPod headphones have a lower impedance than the 555's.

Your onboard sound is struggling to drive the Sennheisers by the sounds of things. The Senns have an impedance of 50 ohms, the ipod phones perhaps a third of that.

Keep the 555's and get an inexpensive headphone amp.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts