1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boss has a Dell laptop, Precision M4400
Specs are-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9600 @ 2.8ghz
4GB DDR2
Nvidia FX 360M
XP Pro

he wants a boost, so i figured installing an SSD might help.

What do you guys think? If SSD is a good idea, which one? he needs at least 120GB...
Best price to performance ratio please...

The PC is clean, and that includes startup apps, etc. so please don't recommended taking it to staples for a free pc tune up

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have three ssd's currently none of them are in use they are POS my sata II magnetic drives love all the attention the ssd's get fail to boot, dropping out of oc settings............ hmmmm maybe its just ocz they are crap !!!!!

Rep please for saving you the headache of wasting your time on OCZ vertex drives

·
Premium Member
7,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibew112;11963651
I have three ssd's currently none of them are in use they are POS my sata II magnetic drives love all the attention the ssd's get fail to boot, dropping out of oc settings............ hmmmm maybe its just ocz they are crap !!!!!

Rep please for saving you the headache of wasting your time on OCZ vertex drives
Never ask for Rep.

@OP, An SSD should give a nice boost.

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Quote:

*snip*
Suggest you remove that last sentence. Against TOS
frown.gif

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Quote:

So because you have a negative experience with a product he shouldn't get it eh. That's sound advice. A lot of people run them without issue.

• Rep+
Reactions: FXTOi7

·
Registered
794 Posts
What exactly do you mean by boost? If that's for a faster boot, then yes an SSD is a good choice. If he needs at least 120gb, a really good and cheap one is the Corsair Force 120gb. Its the fastest 120gb ssd according to Anandtech's comparison chart:
Chart
But as you can see, your best choice would be getting the Crucial c300 256gb, only, it's 220$ more...

Also, you could consider getting him faster ram (if he doesnt use ddr2 800 already...) with lower timings which will help with the boot time but also in processing or in running any kind of program. If he's using ddr2 667mhz @ 6-6-6-15 like most Dell laptops from those years do, then this kit would give a significant increase in performance also:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231156

Good luck
smile.gif

Hope you get a promotion for this
tongue.gif
lol joke...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts