Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had bottlenecking issues with the A-10 6900k using a HD 7850 or 7870? Please only people who actually have used either card...

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have to update my rig, sold it, lol

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I have a 7850 installed on my 6800k. This is probably the sweet spot for that type of cpu. With a 7850 you should be able to play anything at 1080p with good quality settings.

I tried my gtx680 with the 6800k, and it constantly gave me 25 to 30% less frames than when the card is used in my Intel I5 3570. So, I think that a too powerfull gpu with a 6800k is a lost of gpu resources.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the advice, im using just the cpu/gpu and cod bo 2 is amazing but BF3 is what I want to play and I know that's a different story all together

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I think it's totally fine.

Think of it this way, if you spent the $ on upgrading the CPU and then spending the leftover money on graphics, which would bottleneck performance?
thumb.gif

GPU should always be super beefy, CPU can be a little iffy.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TRue, thanks for not bashing my choice in CPU, you have to watch your back in here if your an AMD fan......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.