Overclock.net banner

bought my first PCI soundcard, got some questions about drivers

227 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  THEBREN
alright so up to now ive been using the onboard sound from my motherboard but yesterday i ordered a soundblaster Audigy SE 7.1 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829102003 which is OEM. before I install the card i should uninstall the onboard drivers (my board came with Soundmax BlackHawk) install the card and then install all the Sound Blaster drivers? just wondering. and wow i got this for $34
See less See more
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
After you uninstall the onboard drivers and run driversweep you might also wanna go into your bios and disable onboard sound though thats not required.
  • Rep+
Reactions: 1
Don't use the CD if it came with one. Get updated drivers online. You'll want to un-install the old drivers and maybe clean out your registry before you install the new drivers. Don't let Windows install generic drivers for your card.
  • Rep+
Reactions: 1
well its OEM so im not expecting a CD. thanks a lot. ill make sure to run a registry sweep too.... next goal... overclocking a soundcard...
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.