G.Skill Ripjaws Series 2gx2 Ram Dual Channel
PSU CORSAIR|CMPSU-650TX 650W RT
XFX HD5770 Radeon
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K62 Black
ASUS|LCD 23" 2MS
ASUS DVD burner

Have- =)
HD- WD Green 500gb
Windows 7 Professional - gotta love student discounts through microsoft. 30 dollars.

$1058 - 60 dollars MIR - $998

not to bad right?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I like it. I particularly like the idle power benefits you'll get from the chipset, HDD, graphics card and proc. They all bode well for your electric bill. I know that sounds silly, but hey man, if we're talking efficiency idle power consumption (what your computer is using 90% of the time) is a great indicator.

In case you haven't used it before, Win 7 hybrid sleep is awesome. From sleep, the computer loads the OS before my monitor wakes up. Why even shut your computer off anymore?

Good Build.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Master Chief
View Post

Thats a generic awesome build.

Thanks I think? lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admiral Sauce
View Post

I like it. I particularly like the idle power benefits you'll get from the chipset, HDD, graphics card and proc. They all bode well for your electric bill. I know that sounds silly, but hey man, if we're talking efficiency idle power consumption (what your computer is using 90% of the time) is a great indicator.

In case you haven't used it before, Win 7 hybrid sleep is awesome. From sleep, the computer loads the OS before my monitor wakes up. Why even shut your computer off anymore?

Good Build.

Yea i will defionately hae to check the windows 7 sleep hybrid out. Sounds awsome. You know the sad thing is that i wasnt really looking to go the energy saving route it just kinda happend. The hd is something i was using as and external and the rest they were just the best bang for your buck and happend to be energy officent. haha

thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
556 Posts
That is a really good price for that build, get us some build photo's!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by YangerD
View Post

Looks like a solid build. Don't forget to take pics during your building process.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rixon
View Post

That is a really good price for that build, get us some build photo's!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seann
View Post

That's a nice solid build, now go and enjoy it.

Thanks, and ill be sure to get some pictures during the build. Where do you post that stuff here?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Awesome build man. Nothing out of the ordinary and proven parts that work. You should have no problems with this at all. Dont forget to upgrade to bulldozer when it comes out!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyFenix
View Post

Awesome build man. Nothing out of the ordinary and proven parts that work. You should have no problems with this at all. Dont forget to upgrade to bulldozer when it comes out!!

thanks man, I will consider it ... but might be abit expensive for me.

Im pretty worried about OCing it. Ive herd excellent things about it. Ive tried to read up on it. I think i understand pretty well. and i dont plan on pusshing it past 3.7-3.9 range. I know i can ajust the fsb not so hard its just everything else that coems with it. Memory NB and such.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pieze
View Post

thanks man, I will consider it ... but might be abit expensive for me.

Im pretty worried about OCing it. Ive herd excellent things about it. Ive tried to read up on it. I think i understand pretty well. and i dont plan on pusshing it past 3.7-3.9 range. I know i can ajust the fsb not so hard its just everything else that coems with it. Memory NB and such.

My word of advice is that if your worried about OCing, DONT DO IT!! OCing is like putting a turbo on a naturally aspirated engine. TUNE TUNE TUNE! in our case, PRIME 95.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyFenix View Post
My word of advice is that if your worried about OCing, DONT DO IT!! OCing is like putting a turbo on a naturally aspirated engine. TUNE TUNE TUNE! in our case, PRIME 95.
ahh i would liek to see atleast 3.7 and it hink i could do that fairly safe. max ill push is 4.0

Quote:

Originally Posted by daito View Post
great build

and you post that stuff here

can't wait to see the photos

thanks man.

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
Quote:

View Post

AMD Phenom II x6 1055
MSI 890FXA
H50 CPU Cooler
XFX HD5770 Radeon
ASUS|LCD 23" 2MS
ASUS DVD burner

Have- =)
HD- WD Green 500gb
Windows 7 Professional - gotta love student discounts through microsoft. 30 dollars.

not to bad right?

Excellent price for the build! Just my CPU, current GPU and SSD cost the same as your whole pc!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyFenix
View Post

As he's got a 1055T that's more akin to tuning than strapping a turbo on. Maybe your anology would be more appropriate to the 1090T? As he'll need to tune every aspect of his mobo to get the best from it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleannex View Post
Excellent price for the build! Just my CPU, current GPU and SSD cost the same as your whole pc!

shew thats alot to spend on that, but if i had the extra cash i would have done the same. lol

ty for ur comments.

·
Registered
748 Posts
The H50 will just make you want to wc even more. Wonder how long you last till a full wc system is installed. Bets anyone?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
haha idk man. Prolly untill i get the computer completely paid for. After that will just depends on howmuch extra i have laying around.

·
Banned
2,272 Posts
Quote:

View Post

AMD Phenom II x6 1055
MSI 890FXA
H50 CPU Cooler
XFX HD5770 Radeon
ASUS|LCD 23" 2MS
ASUS DVD burner

Have- =)
HD- WD Green 500gb

not to bad right?

People actually pay for windows 7?

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Nice build, similar to what I have! It's definitely a joy using this thing. Super fastt. Crazy thing is, I'm actually running @ 2.6ghz and undervolted. Still plenty fast

on a side note, she did reach 4.0, not stable. I didn't tinker further. It was tough to get my chip to 3.9ghz stable (I did it). 4.0 involves much more tinkering. Seem's like you have to get a perfect match of OCing your RAM, NB, and CPU to get this ish to crank up to 4.0 stable.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts