Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so buying on ebay is kinda asking for it, but running this supposed platinum edition I normally get some artifacts. Does anybody know how to check whether the card is truly a PE or just a flashed pro or XT?

Thanks heaps..

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rendl42

Ok so buying on ebay is kinda asking for it, but running this supposed platinum edition I normally get some artifacts. Does anybody know how to check whether the card is truly a PE or just a flashed pro or XT?

Thanks heaps..

Get the model or serial number off of the card and google it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfillpot

Get the model or serial number off of the card and google it.

I tried that when I received it but nothing. Even tried calling ATI, but they are slow as hell to answer their phones.

THanks... any other ideasS?

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

I tried that when I received it but nothing. Even tried calling ATI, but they are slow as hell to answer their phones.

THanks... any other ideasS?

post the identifiers here and we will search for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfillpot

post the identifiers here and we will search for you.

What exactly do you mean by identifiers? Can this be retrieved by a tool or do I have to pull the card?

thanks for your help!!

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

What exactly do you mean by identifiers? Can this be retrieved by a tool or do I have to pull the card?

thanks for your help!!

Identifiers would be any printed sequences printed on the card.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL

whats its clock speeds???

S/N: e0408007218
P/N: 109-a26100-01

Clock speeds were set to the normal PE settings. I lowered them and still get strange clipping on the screen (only in windows) when doing the artifact test with Ati Tool.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
137 Posts
If you have the box (or just give me the #'s on the sticker on the card itself) post the #'s you see... we have all the models of the X800 at work, so I can cross check them for you...

And yes, we have a Platinum Edition... Toxic... Xt.... Pro... etc... All of them... Anyone want to buy one...?

*edit - I work here...http://www.comtronic.ca/comtronic/home.jsp

Just seen your post... will check when I get there...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mfillpot, how did you come up with that...? I didnt notice the P/N anywhere on that page...? At any rate, all the X800 cards we have (AGP & PCI-x) start with 102-Axxxxxxx... We have 4 XT's, 1 PE, 5 Pros (2xagp, 3xPCI-X)... All with that P/N... Maybe its cause I'm in Canada...?

Sry I couldnt be more help...

John

·
Registered
120 Posts
109-A is the PCB number
102-A is the assembly number

If the board is built by ATI, there will be both 109 and 102 number. If the board is built by Sapphire, then only 109 number will be there. The 102 number will be changed to something else

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatewaki

109-A is the PCB number
102-A is the assembly number

If the board is built by ATI, there will be both 109 and 102 number. If the board is built by Sapphire, then only 109 number will be there. The 102 number will be changed to something else

I guess I can go back to that guy and ask for a swap out. but really... was there component differences in the PE over the XT or was it just software limited?

Regards,
Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts