Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
B&W are one of the world's top speakers manufacturers but I wouldn't be surprised if you're paying over the odds for the brand name with these headphones.

I know that probably doesn't help much but if I were you I'd be waiting on several unbiased reviews before splashing the cash.

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoHigh
View Post

That is like a sculpture...

Well B&W also made this speaker;

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts

·
Lep
1,384 Posts
they look uncomfy

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoHigh View Post
It sure is sexy... It looks like it would sit ON the ear, so I doubt that it could sound as good, but dang... That is like a sculpture...
My Grado HF-2 sit on the ear which was quite painful for a while. However, once I got used to them, I find I can wear them for extended periods of time with no discomfort or ear overheating issues. I actually think they are more comfortable than my K702.

Or you didn't mention comfort, lol. Sound wise, I love them but I will say a circumaural headphone has more potential for a big soundstage. HF-2 has pretty good soundstage though, despite it being much smaller than my K702.

·
Lep
1,384 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LarsMarkelson
View Post

My Grado HF-2 sit on the ear which was quite painful for a while. However, once I got used to them, I find I can wear them for extended periods of time with no discomfort or ear overheating issues. I actually think they are more comfortable than my K702.

Or you didn't mention comfort, lol. Sound wise, I love them but I will say a circumaural headphone has more potential for a big soundstage. HF-2 has pretty good soundstage though, despite it being much smaller than my K702.

Do all Grados sit on ears? If so I will never own any Grado headphone, sadly.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I think so, though the PS-1000 and GS-1000 might not. They have significantly larger pads, and are quite pricey as well.

Honestly once you get to used to it they are great.

·
Premium Member
2,841 Posts
I have them and the only one I can compare it to is my HD280.

The lows are pretty good, better than my HD280. However the highs sound better on the HD280. Probably because the HD280 encloses more area over the ears.

I love my HD280, but they make me SWEAT after having them on for awhile. I fly twice a week and every flight (2.5hr ) using the HD280 my ear area is sweaty.

The p5 is nice and "small" and has great sound, but pretty pricey.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I noticed this is quite an old post (almost a month) but I thought I'd share my experience on this product. The P5 sounds amazing and I'm all for it but with one exception.

Due to the build, the headsets sits on your ear which is a) Quite bad in warm weather as it makes you sweat (minor issue) and b) My ears are always extremely painful after using it for more than 2 hours.

The P3 that B&W recently released is a lot lighter and does not clamp down on your ears as badly. The sound quality does differ greatly between the P3 and the P5 but you would expect it with such a price difference.

Hope this helps
smile.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts