Overclock.net banner

Will you boycott Thermaltake Watercooling?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the Boycotts lately, Why not one more

It had to happen sooner or later. And it just did. Post away!

I got a $25 P4 machine with thermaltake water installed, It died.
2 of my close friends wanted to buy one and I told them no, Telling them what happened to the pentium 4 machine.

they didnt take my advise. And in the end they ended up paying for the fried parts.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by samfreese
View Post

So far, the poll is overwhelmingly in favor of the boycott...

The only people that will most likely NOT boycott, Will be the ones who don't want to invest the money in a real loop and they think that the temps they are getting are great. Until They try a custom loop..

In that Case
facepalm

·
STG3 VET
13,127 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zl4y3r
View Post

That's why you don't buy water cooling kits anyways. I have a TT case and psu and they have been fine since I bought them, so no reason for me to boycott them. Sorry I voted no.

read much this is talking about the water cooling crap kits not cases and etc

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Me + Posting here = flamebait.

Anyhow... I must say... I bought this kit when I first got into the whole "PC" thing. It was $80 USD and it came with 1x 240mm rad and 1x 120mm rad, all with fans, along with a block, pump, res more then enough tubeing and coolant, for the price I got it at it can't really complain
. It has never leaked, and I have had it in my system for around 8 months. Temps are not the best especially at this time of year (38idle, 58load).

I voted no. I have not had anything fail on me yet, and I hope nothing ever does.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by omaryunus
View Post

umm the boycott is only for TT watercooling items... not any of their MANY other computer parts

Just realized that
think is time for me to go to bed... since it's just the water cooling kits i should have voted yes, but oh well.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by That_guy3
View Post

With all the Boycotts lately, Why not one more

It had to happen sooner or later. And it just did. Post away!

I have had 2 Pentium 4 rigs, And a Phenom 1 machine die because of using Thermaltake Watercooling kits.

I think most ocn members have already boycotted Thermaltake Watercooling kits/parts.

On a side note, this: "I have had 2 Pentium 4 rigs, And a Phenom 1 machine die because of using Thermaltake Watercooling kits" I blame you, you shouldn't have bought any Thermaltake Watercooling parts. You sir are an ocn memeber, and such behavior is unaceptable

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhaedraCorruption
View Post

Me + Posting here = flamebait.

Anyhow... I must say... I bought this kit when I first got into the whole "PC" thing. It was $80 USD and it came with 1x 240mm rad and 1x 120mm rad, all with fans, along with a block, pump, res more then enough tubeing and coolant, for the price I got it at it can't really complain
. It has never leaked, and I have had it in my system for around 8 months. Temps are not the best especially at this time of year (38idle, 58load).

I voted no. I have not had anything fail on me yet, and I hope nothing ever does.

Thats an E6300?

im running my chipset block and my Apogee GT with 1/2 Inch tubing with a cheaper danger Den CX1 pump and a Danger DEN 240MM RAD, WIth a T-LINE.

My Q6600 is @ 3.8ghz right now with 1.5vcore my idle temp is 26c and my load temp never breaks 45 ATM.

This costed me $95 since I got both blocks in a trade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxG3nexX
View Post

I think most ocn members have already boycotted Thermaltake Watercooling kits/parts.

On a side note, this: "I have had 2 Pentium 4 rigs, And a Phenom 1 machine die because of using Thermaltake Watercooling kits" I blame you, you shouldn't have bought any Thermaltake Watercooling parts. You sir are an ocn memeber, and such behavior is unaceptable

It was during my time of not using ocn. I had to have a valid reason to boycott

1 - 20 of 65 Posts