Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I thought I'd share my current rebuild with you. These were the old specs before I started this rebuild-

AMD 1100T - ( Now Lapped)
Corsair H60 (push/pull) - (Now upgraded to an XSPC Raystorm 750 EX360 open loop system)
Asus m5a97 r1.02 - (now upgraded to an Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z)
Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 (4x4g) - (currently running 2X4g)
His Iceq X2 Turbo r9 280X
Coolermaster 1000w psu
Coolermaster Haf-X case

And some pics -
The now lapped 1100T
20141229_170135.jpg
Custom painted His Iceq X2 Turbo R9 280X
20150101_132659.jpg
Front of the HAF-X
20150103_153207.jpg
Other random pics

Now before the upgrades I had spent weeks trying to get a respectable OC on the 1100T. Best stable OC I got was 3.7ghz. With some help from the members here I realized the old M5A97 board just couldn't supply the 1100T with stable voltages. My VDroop was amazing lol. After only a few months @3.7ghz the MB started to weaken. Suddenly she wasn't stable anymore. Today is a different story though. After about 2hrs of tweaking she's running @ 4ghz with nothing more than a 20x multi and a bump to 1.45v. I haven't really even begun to do any serious tuning yet! And my temps! @ 4ghz - 1.45V I'm reading Socket temps around 34C and core temps in the high 20's during P95! Needless to say I'm not only very happy with the way this rebuild has turned out, I'm really excited to see what this 1100T can really do!
thumb.gif

On a related note, I had intended to sleeve all the wires in the system. But after about the 1st few hours I decided to scrap that idea! What a PAIN IN THE A$$! And lapping the CPU comes in a close 2nd to the sleeving! My friggen arm hurt!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, you cant see it but I have a small stock cpu cooling fan mounted on the back of the CPU socket. This HAF-X case leaves enough room behind there that I can close the case with no interference.
thumb.gif

·
Turtle Lives Matter
4,953 Posts
I'm totally digging that Aerocool fan controller.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester435 View Post

Looks awesome bro! how did you paint your GPU?

How is it gaming with the r9 280X?
Thanks Jester! For the GPU I just removed the 4 screws that hold the outer cover on. Cleaned everything nice nice, put like 4 coats of primer on it, then I think 6 coats of paint. I didn't clear coat it like I did the lower shelf. I didn't want to add any more paint to it than I needed to.

As for gaming on the 280X, it's friggen great man! I went from 2x HIS Iceq Xturbo 6850's in X-fire to the 280X and it DESTROYS them. I play BF4 with max settings. Black Ops 2 on max settings averages well over 100FPS ( I play at 1080P)
Quote:
Originally Posted by damric View Post

I'm totally digging that Aerocool fan controller.
Thanks Damric. Yea it's really nice. Except at the moment none of my temp sensors are working. They were fine before I rebuilt everything. I haven't had time to trouble shoot that yet.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinz View Post

Those are amazing temps, congrats. Hopefully she chugs along for a whole lot longer.
No kidding right! I was totally surprised myself. As I really start beating on it I'll post some screenies.

·
I fix Stuff
5,416 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought about going with everything red, but I kinda like the blue. Mixes it up just a bit.

I'm running prime95 blend test to stress it. What other tests do you want to see? Sry, I'm no pro here.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A quick warm up tonight. I forgot LLC had upped the voltage a notch to 1.464v.

Monitor 1

Monitor 2 - Note the VID in AOD is inaccurate. It shows correct in OHM and CPUZ

·
Turtle Lives Matter
4,953 Posts
Nice chip. Mine needed like 1.65v to get there.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok everyone, I'm having a small issue that I'm not sure about. Every now and then some random program fails to load at start up. Explorer, OHM, Rainmeter, ect. My OC is P95 stable 24+ hrs. It was a fresh windows install with all the new components before I started to overclock it. While going through the process of overclocking everything, the system has had multiple blue screens, black screens,random reboots, and freezes as is usual. With all that said, what TYPICALLY would cause a program to fail at boot? Could it be something with my OC, or something related to the OS installation? Not sure which way to stat looking, hardware or software?

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabbathHB View Post

Ok everyone, I'm having a small issue that I'm not sure about. Every now and then some random program fails to load at start up. Explorer, OHM, Rainmeter, ect. My OC is P95 stable 24+ hrs. It was a fresh windows install with all the new components before I started to overclock it. While going through the process of overclocking everything, the system has had multiple blue screens, black screens,random reboots, and freezes as is usual. With all that said, what TYPICALLY would cause a program to fail at boot? Could it be something with my OC, or something related to the OS installation? Not sure which way to stat looking, hardware or software?
I would try benching the CPU first (try several hours of prime and IBT maximum too), then doing a memtest. And if you really wanna root out hardware, I usually load up a Live linux usb, like mint for example and just experiment there.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

I would try benching the CPU first (try several hours of prime and IBT maximum too), then doing a memtest. And if you really wanna root out hardware, I usually load up a Live linux usb, like mint for example and just experiment there.
As the system sits right now (4.0ghz), I've run Prime95 blend for just over 24 hours no errors. I have not run IBT or memtest with the current OC at all so I guess I can run those. Though I have run memtest on this ram before with no errors at different settings. And as for a Live Linux usb/mint, well I'll have to read up on that. I have NO idea what that is lol. If all the hardware test pass, could it just be a slightly corrupted OS or something left over from the prior crashes?

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Quote:

As the system sits right now (4.0ghz), I've run Prime95 blend for just over 24 hours no errors. I have not run IBT or memtest with the current OC at all so I guess I can run those. Though I have run memtest on this ram before with no errors at different settings. And as for a Live Linux usb/mint, well I'll have to read up on that. I have NO idea what that is lol. If all the hardware test pass, could it just be a slightly corrupted OS or something left over from the prior crashes?
The linux USB thing is basically you can boot into a linux distro of your choice, by loading it on a usb drive. It doesn't install ( unless you tell it to) and just runs straight off the USB without affecting the current HDD partitions, but still functions with your current hardware (cpu, memory, motherboard, GPU) and you can even browse the internet.

I usually try this as while you're running it, it does absolutely nothing with your windows install hence ruling out the software/windows install or not.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

The linux USB thing is basically you can boot into a linux distro of your choice, by loading it on a usb drive. It doesn't install ( unless you tell it to) and just runs straight off the USB without affecting the current HDD partitions, but still functions with your current hardware (cpu, memory, motherboard, GPU) and you can even browse the internet.

I usually try this as while you're running it, it does absolutely nothing with your windows install hence ruling out the software/windows install or not.
Ok, I understand booting into Linux via usb. But for what reason? To see if it boots, or am I trying to bench test the system while in Linux? Sorry, kinda not following along to well on this part.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Quote:

Ok, I understand booting into Linux via usb. But for what reason? To see if it boots, or am I trying to bench test the system while in Linux? Sorry, kinda not following along to well on this part.
Sorry I should've specified. Yeah, there are benching tools and programs you can download for linux, or run a game, anything that "might" provoke the build to crash as it seems it just randomly crashes in Windows.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts