Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any reccomendations on B&M stores that carry a decent selection of monitors for gaming. Seems like everywhere I got, they have crap in stock. Places like Best Buy, Staples etc, seem to stock bottom of the line stuff. I prefer B&M store as the last time I purchased a monitor I was able to hook it up to test it out before walking out with it (No dead/stick pixels). Any advice?

~S

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My apologies, I'm in Massachusetts. No Fry's here, we do have a Micro Center, they had a grand total of 1 24" monitor with a 2ms response time when I went over the weekend. there is a Costco about 45 min from me, but I dont' know anyone with a membership.

It was a Viewsonic VX2433wm. I've had problems with their monitor sin the past, and the reviews are mixed from what I can find.

I played around with some of the 5ms monitors. I could easily cause some ghosting, could have been my imagination however.

I maye have to bite the bullet and order something online, and pray for no dead/stuck pixels.

~S

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
^^ Go with Microcenter. They can Order you anything!
They usually have some really good deals on ViewSonics. That's what I had them order a year ago, and it's BEAUTIFUL! 24" 2MS Respone, Great Contrast!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by arbalest
View Post

^^ Go with Microcenter. They can Order you anything!
They usually have some really good deals on ViewSonics. That's what I had them order a year ago, and it's BEAUTIFUL! 24" 2MS Respone, Great Contrast!

I'll check out the Viewsonic they have. It looked nice, but the last time I bought a Viewsonic I had two in a row just *poof* on me, the third had probably two dozen stuck pixels. Gave up and got a Hanns-G, the Hanns-G is still going strong, it is the wife's monitor right now. I just couldn't give up my CRT at the time so the wife got it, but now it is time. A 19'' monitor just doesn't cut it anymore.

I was hoping to find some place that sold the ASUS VW246H, a fellow I play cards with on Saturday nights has one, and it is sexy.

~S

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Strangg1
View Post

I'll check out the Viewsonic they have. It looked nice, but the last time I bought a Viewsonic I had two in a row just *poof* on me, the third had probably two dozen stuck pixels. Gave up and got a Hanns-G, the Hanns-G is still going strong, it is the wife's monitor right now. I just couldn't give up my CRT at the time so the wife got it, but now it is time. A 19'' monitor just doesn't cut it anymore.

~S

Hmmm.. that's too bad. I've always used them and had no issues.. Not even stuck pixels! Well, maybe you had the ones that were made on Fridays

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by arbalest
View Post

Hmmm.. that's too bad. I've always used them and had no issues.. Not even stuck pixels! Well, maybe you had the ones that were made on Fridays

It was quite odd for sure. If I hadn't been running through a high quality UPS I would have thought I was frying it myself. I'll give them a shot maybe and see how it goes.

~S

1 - 9 of 9 Posts