Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In network connections you are able to right click and bridge the connection as long as two ethernet cables are live and connected. <b>What does bridging the connections do? </b> I have heard of shotgunning modems to get better speeds (dial-up) and is this similar or am I way off...<br />
<br />
---for Pro SP2 if it makes a difference.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
I am sure that will help performance and your broadband speed. But I think with DSL one line is pretty much running at the max DSL can. If it were 5 or whatever meg broadband I would say that would have a more noticable effect.<br />
<br />
But the only real way to know is to try it. So if you have 2 ethernet connections on your computer try it and see. Wouldn't hurt anything.<br />
<br />
But I think it is more along the lines for bridging networks and lans together to make one instead of many. I have read something that it does help, and other things saying it doesn't. So I would try it and see for your self.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:</div>
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="99%">
<tr>
<td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

<div>
Originally Posted by <strong>atomicfission92</strong>

</div>
<div style="font-style:italic">I am sure that will help performance and your broadband speed. But I think with DSL one line is pretty much running at the max DSL can. If it were 5 or whatever meg broadband I would say that would have a more noticable effect.<br />
<br />
But the only real way to know is to try it. So if you have 2 ethernet connections on your computer try it and see. Wouldn't hurt anything.<br />
<br />
But I think it is more along the lines for bridging networks and lans together to make one instead of many. I have read something that it does help, and other things saying it doesn't. So I would try it and see for your self.</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>Thanks for the info, i'll try it later today and see if it makes a difference...<br />
<br />
I am able to download at a max of 170 kb/s but I can achieve this max across more than one computer running off of the same router and connection. hmmm..<br />
<br />
+Rep for you!

·
I might have tacos tonite
22,339 Posts
i think its more for something like having your wireless and your LAN both have the same ip. I've never acually used it tho

1 - 4 of 4 Posts