Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
It seems to us that Nvidia did a neat PR stunt called GeForce GTX 295. This card is maybe the fastest on the market, but the company is not making great progress in making those cards available to partners. We spoke to several sources in different vendors across the Globe, and one thing was the same: for the past couple of weeks, Nvidia did not deliver GTX295 cards and the backlog of already purchased cards is now measured in well over a million of greenbacks.

Yep, you’ve read if correctly: Nvidia’s partners sold thousands of GTX 295 boards, and at the price of 520-550 bucks per card (or Euro), we’re talking about millions of USD/EUR. One can only wonder what is going on in Graphzilla’s head… there is an alleged recession going on, their quarterly results dropped by 50% to less than 500M USD a quarter, and they fail to deliver already sold boards - backorders.

We wonder what kind of excuse will nV come up with this time, if the company misses its own sales estimates. They succeeded in selling thousands and thousands of GTX295 boards, but their backlog is staggering.
source

Is there really that high of a demand for the GTX295? If so, how can they not deliver? I wonder what the holdup is.

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by j0z3 View Post
what is backlog? enlighten me
Back ordered. Suppliers order cards that Nvidia cannot provide because they have not been built yet.

• Rep+
Reactions: SZayat

·
Registered
841 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheetos316 View Post

Is there really that high of a demand for the GTX295? If so, how can they not deliver? I wonder what the holdup is.
they would rather have there 260/80/85 being bought as they lose money on every 295 they sell.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i am going to laugh so hard it its because of a problem of their binning of the chips.

man, that would make my day

·
Premium Member
11,334 Posts
This explains why newegg hasn't got many in stock. It also proves that INQ article from charlie wrong.

Never heard of "BrightsideofIT"

·
Banned
2,241 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by arkheii View Post
Actually I think he's right. Those are not the GT200 cores that I recognize on those PCBs.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the GTX295 is a GX2 in itself. That's what it is. There is no such thing as a GTX295 with only one core.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by arkheii View Post
Actually I think he's right. Those are not the GT200 cores that I recognize on those PCBs.
On top of that the GTX295 has two DVI connectors on one PCB and one HDMI on the other. The 295 also has a smaller hole.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torched-Geek View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but the GTX295 is a GX2 in itself. That's what it is. There is no such thing as a GTX295 with only one core.
GX2 does not mean any Nvidia GPU with two cores, it's a branding. The GTX295 is a GTX295, not a GX2 even though it does have two cores and PCBs.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
As much as I love the Goliath crashing and burning, nVidia needs to really pull a rabbit out of a hat soon.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
SO charlie is right in the other thread

·
Iconoclast
32,325 Posts
A million dollars of GTX295s?

Isn't that only like 3,000 cards?

·
Premium Member
7,839 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf2009
View Post

SO charlie is right in the other thread

Not quite

This is Charlie:

Quote:

Basically, they are done for. Don't expect any more unless Nvidia feels its losses in Q1 are not deep enough.

Remember, when we said they were limited and gone once they were gone, some spinners denied it vehemently. Nvidia will probably trickle out a few more to 'prove' this wrong, but the 295 is dead now, two month life span.

And this is real life:

Quote:

...for the past couple of weeks, Nvidia did not deliver GTX295 cards and the backlog of already purchased cards is now measured in well over a million of greenbacks.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.