Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching the NCAA tournament where the Boilermakers and Buckeyes are doing great and I came across this commercial for a new game called Brink. At first it appeared to be just another ho hum game and then I realized it is a Bethesda game by Splash Damage. You might recognize Splash damage as they created Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and the popular one for the lan Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. So I went to the game website and dug a little deeper and found this game to be a vamped up team based first person shooter. It allows free movement, character customization, single player, cooperative, online multiplayer and has all sorts of classes. They are also promoting a new function called the SMART button that allows to jump, slide and do all sorts of things to get to different areas or to avoid gunfire. The game does look a little cartoonish but not as much as TF2. The website link is posted below so let me know your thoughts. Upon watching the video you can differentiate between teams by looking at their pants.

http://www.brinkthegame.com
I think it looks [email protected] but i dont know crap.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Damn that game looks pretty good. It's also developed by Bethesda which in itself tells you it's going to be a good game + rep for introducing me it's something I will be following.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats exactly what I thought, i got hours of play out of fallout3 and always loved bethesda

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
looks like the controls are gonna be a pain unless they do something really amazing

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Xiorath,
I wish i could say the same thing as i just saw it but i cant wait for it to hit the stores. The more of this game i see, i see aspects of fallout 3, tf2(ideas not aspects), and mirrors edge.
I only hope is it lives up to the hype.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashbulb
View Post

looks like the controls are gonna be a pain unless they do something really amazing

The freerunning controls are really interesting, point where you want to go, push a button, and run twoards it. the program does the rest, its really cool.

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
i thought it looked like borderlands

·
Banned
4,012 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pravius View Post
Damn that game looks pretty good. It's also developed by Bethesda which in itself tells you it's going to be a good game + rep for introducing me it's something I will be following.
not always anyone remember Star Trek Legacy (shudder)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pravius
View Post

No, it's being developed by Splash Damage, the developers of the Enemy Territory franchise. While Bethesda has signed a deal with them, they do not own SD.

·
Premium Member
4,775 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMT668 View Post
Erm Borderlands/Mirror's Edge anyone?
Exactly what I was thinking.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSandman View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gir View Post
No, it's being developed by Splash Damage, the developers of the Enemy Territory franchise. While Bethesda has signed a deal with them, they do not own SD.
They didn't develop Star Trek either, Mad Doc Software did

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crooksy
View Post

i thought it looked like borderlands

yeah, when i saw the trailer that was the first game that came in mind.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSandman
View Post

Touche!

EDIT: And I know it is not being developed by them, I actually mis-spoke. TYPICALLY anything Bethesda has involvement in is pretty good however.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts