Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vista x64

When browsing the internet on many circumstances I recieve a popup that asks me for user name and password it's a dialog box for my broadband connection I am assuming, I can post a screenshot when I get home (currently at work) it doesn't hinder the internet it's just annoying and I fumbled through the settings and haven't found an option yet, anyone seen this?

also, I"m connected straight to the modem, no router.

·
Premium Member
13,477 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheezypoofs View Post
Vista x64

When browsing the internet on many circumstances I recieve a popup that asks me for user name and password it's a dialog box for my broadband connection I am assuming, I can post a screenshot when I get home (currently at work) it doesn't hinder the internet it's just annoying and I fumbled through the settings and haven't found an option yet, anyone seen this?

also, I"m connected straight to the modem, no router.
Sounds malicious. Post a screenshot.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Go to the Network and Sharing Center. From there, Manage Network Connections. Is there an ethernet connection there? PPoE or whatnot? It should be just LAN if it's connected directly to a router.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by error10
View Post

Sounds malicious. Post a screenshot.

I'll get ya a screen shot when I get back home, it appears to be a valid windows prompt to me, but who knows.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenzo19
View Post

Go to the Network and Sharing Center. From there, Manage Network Connections. Is there an ethernet connection there? PPoE or whatnot? It should be just LAN if it's connected directly to a router.

I'm not at home to check it at the moment, but it's not connected to a router.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts