Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

So I changed the passive cooler to an active one and the card isn't recognized by the motherboard anymore. I get a long beep followed by three short ones. The card worked with the passive rad.
Tried using a second card in the same slot and it works perfectly.

Did I somehow electrocute the card with static or maybe I rubbed the GPU chip too hard while cleaning it?
mad.gif

Anything else I could try? Tried removing the new cooler but that didn't change anything.

Thanks!

·
Registered
480 Posts
could be static or part of the new cooler has shorted the GPU? idk tbh but if another card works fine with the mobo i'd just recommend getting a new graphics card especially as the 7XXX series is what (checks wiki) 5-6 years old!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob3342421;14239054
could be static or part of the new cooler has shorted the GPU? idk tbh but if another card works fine with the mobo i'd just recommend getting a new graphics card especially as the 7XXX series is what (checks wiki) 5-6 years old!
This is true, I have my 7800GTX mounted on a wall instead of in a PC...
Along with all my other 3 7xxx cards...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll try it in another computer, but yeah.. pretty much done then.

I'm using it because it is better than the 6800GS I've got to use now lol.. just found enough parts to make a PC (Athlon x2 4600, A8N32-Sli board) for my cousin who has an even worse PC than that (well he's got a decent laptop, but still.. who the hell uses a celeron today..
tongue.gif
)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts