Overclock.net banner

21 - 40 of 238 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Any pics? Corrosion as in green corrosion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nothing green, looks black. Could be the paint scrapped off I guess

Just noticed this on my second Radiator. I assume I have to replace this as it’s clearly bent. Not sure how that happened.

Looks like I have to buy a new rad no matter what now unless EK will replace it for that.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Nothing green, looks black. Could be the paint scrapped off I guess

Just noticed this on my second Radiator. I assume I have to replace this as it’s clearly bent. Not sure how that happened.

Looks like I have to buy a new rad no matter what now unless EK will replace it for that.

I don’t see any corrosion...just scraped paint. You know those radiator ends are covers and the insert removed is just aligned in the hole and screwed in the end tank threaded...which I’m sure the you can move to get the threaded insert back in.

·
ლ(╹ε╹ლ)
8,180 Posts
I don’t see any corrosion...just scraped paint. You know those radiator ends are covers and the insert removed is just aligned in the hole and screwed in the end tank threaded...which I’m sure the you can move to get the threaded insert back in.

The internal fin array can be moved and is held on by those inserts.

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Ok good, I was worried for second there.
That’s good to know I can move it back. Saves me a major headache. Thanks.

I’ll see if I can fix it then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
The internal fin array can be moved and is held on by those inserts.

That I know....it’s OP that doesn’t from his post.

·
Invalid Media
2,072 Posts
Last weekend while taking apart my build to add a new GPU, I was attempting to an EK-ACF 13/19mm fitting one of the extender thingy on the radiator had a price broke off.
Finding a replacement has been nothing but a headache.
Attempted to buy a replacement from Performance-PC’s only to be the wrong one, contacted EKWB only for them to send me the same wrong part. At this point I may have to buy a new rad all to replace a $2 part :(

Anyone know of any other options besides a new rad? Am looking to replace the extender thingy on the rad where the fittings screw into. There are 2 on each road, I broke one and now need to replace it.

Not sure why it’s been such a hassle.

I’ve tried other EK extenders, I’ve tried going by the radiators description page and still can’t get the right part.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

...if the EK rep doesn't come through (per above posts), you might try an automotive radiator repair shop - I had computer-'specific' rads fixed there before.

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
...if the EK rep doesn't come through (per above posts), you might try an automotive radiator repair shop - I had computer-'specific' rads fixed there before.

Thanks. Yeah that was my next step.
Thanks for the suggestion.

I assume they changed the extenders on the Radiators in the last 6 months and that’s likely the confusion. Hopefully they can sort it out soon. If not I’ll have a task for the weekend

·
Overclocker in training
12,860 Posts
Thanks. Yeah that was my next step.
Thanks for the suggestion.

I assume they changed the extenders on the Radiators in the last 6 months and that’s likely the confusion. Hopefully they can sort it out soon. If not I’ll have a task for the weekend

Hi,
Yeah a radiator shop would be best.

·
Overclocker in training
12,860 Posts
Hi,
Doesn't look like your rad came with these inserts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hi,

Doesn't look like your rad came with these inserts

My issue is I broke one of those and need a replacement, wrong one was sent and we’re now sorting it out.
Pic asking about corrosion was with them removed, just wanted to be extra safe.

·
Overclocker in training
12,860 Posts
Hi,
Yeah that stuff didn't look good unless you were using white fluid.

·
H20 only!
348 Posts
It may not apply to you here, but if I recall correctly when I broke an insert like this previously on a EK 240 PE, I could just buy a G1/4 extender collar and screw it into the radiator core again to effectively replace that piece. Its been a long time, but I believe all I had to do was shim the core to the metal frame as it vibrated or something as the EK part is specifically fit to the hole.

Its been a long time, but I do remember the solution was simple.

If you have a spare fitting see if it threads into the hole, DO NOT FORCE IT, just see if it threads properly. Its possible if you can't get the correct part that its this simple.

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
It may not apply to you here, but if I recall correctly when I broke an insert like this previously on a EK 240 PE, I could just buy a G1/4 extender collar and screw it into the radiator core again to effectively replace that piece. Its been a long time, but I believe all I had to do was shim the core to the metal frame as it vibrated or something as the EK part is specifically fit to the hole.

Its been a long time, but I do remember the solution was simple.

If you have a spare fitting see if it threads into the hole, DO NOT FORCE IT, just see if it threads properly. Its possible if you can't get the correct part that its this simple.

Any other extender causes leaks. I have multiple different ones that can screw on but don’t seem to make a complete seal. Even taken a non broken extender from another rad and had no leaks so it seems I need that specific part.

·
EKWB Forum Rep
295 Posts
Hi,
Threads are old yes but EK rep never returned is that our fault or EK's :thinking:
By your attitude it just confirms EK blames everything they can it's never EK's products

I personally bought ek kits and optionally bought the cryofuel that was my mistake by your logic

Flushing was to spec's kits provided 2-280p
Acid green was the worst although navy blue was bad too clogged every block during leak testing.
So if there was any aluminum your kits provided it.
Nothing about my reply indicates users are blamed (unless we watch a video of you cranking down fittings with a set of pliers or have started modifying parts and breaking something). We always give benefit of the doubt. I already stated that we replace the coolants regardless of whether product failure or potential individual error. But it is important to note that of the low failure rates I've seen for Solid, some of those are attributed to individual error. Important because it impacts the actual failure rate for the coolant. Regardless, again, we replace the coolant if it fails and give the user the benefit of the doubt. Cryofuel is not 100%, nothing is, especially with all the variables of watercooling. But I do want to be clear that I've seen nothing to indicate it being defective as a whole. The few issues we've seen with our Solids have been quickly fixed as can be seen with the Azure. As for our semi transparent Cryofuels, I've never once seen one clog something, so that's news to me. Not saying it didn't happen for you, just that it's a rare enough experience that I've not seen it yet. Things like that are stuff I want brought to my attention so the cause can be determined and the formula can be improved.

Basically, I've come into threads to help individuals and I've seen nothing but remarks from you about EK not caring and running away and blaming everyone which isn't accurate and then treating the Cryofuels as a defective and failure prone product, which is also not accurate. That, to me, comes off as simply bashing a company with incorrect information and opinions, and appears more like trying to troll a rep of a brand you do not like than being upset with a particular experience and that you didn't receive the customer service or support that should be standard for any company. If that's not correct, and prior experiences have left a bad taste in your mouth, then I apologize and that's exactly what I've been brought on to help remedy. Individuals who used to be available in the forums either no longer work for EK OR have had their primary roles restructured to where no one has had time for forum assistance. Even doing forum and social media assistance as my singular role, it's difficult to stay on top of the roughly 10 forums, Reddit, FaceBook, and Discord and make sure everyone receives proper service. So that's the reason for the lack of support within the forums from EK. If anyone wants to bring issues to me, I'm more than happy to investigate and pass it along to the rest of the team because I'm 1) here to help with questions and issues, 2) take pride in making sure we offer top notch QA and customer service, and 3) believe there's always room for improvement. Lastly, I'm an enthusiast and know how daunting watercooling can be, especially to someone just wading into the watercooling world. It's not for everyone, but I like to make sure the experience is as pain free as possible and help people understand that it's much less scary than it looks.

Hopefully that better explains things.

·
Overclocker in training
12,860 Posts
Hi,
Thanks I moved that reply where they are better suited ;)

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,104 Posts
Shun the non believer!

:laughings

Basically, I've come into threads to help individuals and I've seen nothing but remarks from you about EK not caring and running away and blaming everyone which isn't accurate and then treating the Cryofuels as a defective and failure prone product, which is also not accurate. That, to me, comes off as simply bashing a company with incorrect information and opinions, and appears more like trying to troll a rep of a brand you do not like than being upset with a particular experience and that you didn't receive the customer service or support that should be standard for any company.

He did the same to Silicon Lottery, assuming he's just trolling vendors.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I actually had that issue happen to me. I was just putting system together too. I ended up just getting an replacement from the retailer (which I did not use). I ended up just ordering an hardwarelabs gtr instead.

After that incident i'm officially done using ekwb (not the first product from them I had issues with).

·
EKWB Forum Rep
295 Posts
I actually had that issue happen to me. I was just putting system together too. I ended up just getting an replacement from the retailer (which I did not use). I ended up just ordering an hardwarelabs gtr instead.

After that incident i'm officially done using ekwb (not the first product from them I had issues with).
Sorry you had a poor experience. For any issues you have with our products, you're always welcome to send us a support ticket and we'll fix whatever the issue is.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

Sorry you had a poor experience. For any issues you have with our products, you're always welcome to send us a support ticket and we'll fix whatever the issue is.
Yes ekwb support is good. I could just be unlucky too. Anyways, I've moved onto the german brands now (watercool and aquacomputer). I have the budget, so i can go with the heatkiller and aquacomputers components.

·
Premium Member
9,493 Posts
You don't even need the extenders for functionality, they are literally just g1/4 extenders. Just screw your compression fitting right into the hole?

21 - 40 of 238 Posts