Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do all these switches compare? I'm currently using a K70 which I love, but of course I'm back to obsessing over all the latest boards and switches. In particular I'm interested in how browns compare to Romer-G (Logitech G810 Orion) and Razer (Blackwidow Ultimate 2016). Has anyone tried all of these switches? I can't find any Razer/Romer-G comparison videos on YouTube.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
the romers are okay, but its really not a recomended board, along with the razer, they are all overpriced for what they are, and there are much better keyboards out there for the same price.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I recently switched to mechanical keyboard, but chose the RomerG. Why untill now and why RomerG? Well partly because every single time I went to test the Red/Brown they would feel so much weird to bottom-out (which i dont do), too hard, too springy and never got used to them even after a couple of days usage. I also got used to laptop keys that the noise mechanical boards make was very annoying to me. I then heard about the RomerG last year and instantly noticed the difference after i tested them in the shop, but was still too skeptical about the change. Besides, I was looking for a compact design and decided to wait a bit more.

Right now im enjoying the G410 and all its funky colors. Responds very well to my typing (i dont smash keys like a dummy) and in games it feels very comfortable even during fast action movements.

Can't say anything about the Razer, but if they are anything like the Brown and you can control your typing, then i'd recomend the RomerG. They are not for everyone tho so your best bet is to try them all out youself. I'd agree with the overpricing argument, but for me is the value i found in the G410 that made me purchase them without hesitation (plus they are on sale now with a free game 115€
redface.gif
).

·
New to Coverlock.net
139 Posts
Protip:

This topic is completely pointless, anything people say is only going to be that persons personal opinion.

I've seen people say that they love the romerg switches and that its like browns and more responsive.
I've heard from a friend he got a kb but won't be using it cause he's used to the cherry ones and that romerG feels a lot more stiffer.
I've personally tried for a brief moment at a store. My opinion is stiffer than MX Reds, there's tactile but too little of it, I do not like it.

Just go to a store that allows you to try things out and try both of them out. It's a personal preference thing, reading the thoughts of others does nothing.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pente View Post

Protip:

This topic is completely pointless, anything people say is only going to be that persons personal opinion.

Just go to a store that allows you to try things out and try both of them out. It's a personal preference thing, reading the thoughts of others does nothing.

·
- Insanity Beckons -
4,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pente View Post

Protip:

FACT - OCN is purely based upon "PERSONAL OPINION", so what's new?

·
Gamer
548 Posts
Check out a few Best Buy locations. The one near me has the Logitech G910, a Corsair mechanical, & a Razer mechanical (sorry, don't know the model of either) out where you can test them. I really like the Romer G, but as a G910 owner I'm a bit biased. I mostly picked it because it was the first mechanical board that Logitech released with more than 6 macro keys. If they ever release a mechanical with the extra 18 on the left like the old G15/G510, I'll move to it, but for now I'm happy with my G910. I wanted to stick with Logitech because I already use the G13 & G600, & I know I can do everything I want with their software. I was lucky that I liked they switches as well. Beyond that, I like the feel of the Corsair better than the Razer, but sadly, I don't know which keys are in them. I'll check the store & update this post when I have a chance. Best Buy is the ideal solution though.

Ok, so I went to my local Best Buy at lunch. They had the Corsair K65 RGB w/ MX Cherry Red keys, the G910 w/ Romer G, & Razer Blackwidow Chroma with Razer clickey keys. Nothing with MX Browns to test sadly. As for what they did have, the Cherry Reds were very quiet with a smooth feel but no break point to indicate key activation. The Romer G keys felt similar in their travel to the Cherry Red & were equally quiet, but there is a faint break point early in the travel where you can feel the activation point. The Razer keys were the most different, with a very audible click, & a quite noticeable click feel at the activation point. As I haven't typed on Cherry MX Brown keys, I can't say how they compare, but hopefully this will give you some idea of what to expect from the other options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts