Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i have my crosshair formula working perfectly now, except that all my browsers crash when loading something on the webpage, i KNOW it's not a virus, i formatted the pc countless times and this still happens, i do not know what to do now, i have all the latest drivers...

EDIT: AMD ATHLON II 620 and crosshair IV formula combo run stable at 1.3 V no higher or lower or it is not stable.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update, it's happening in other programs such as games, full diagnostics were run and everything was ok. im just thinking about putting my old stuff in again... and just leaving this mobo in the dust...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, im all stock, i don't like over clocking, i got this mobo for christmas, i'll only over clock when my system is stable and it hasnt been stable since upgrading my mobo and memory. BSOD's, they are fixed, except when i put a memory stick in, then it will bsod. i will try this prime 95.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All reinstalled, when i tried to reinstall windows 7 it got stuck at unpacking 57%, i will post a log of what the "geek squad" from best buy wrote.

=======================================================
SITUATION REPORT (ASSESS)
Client brought in unit for us to loOK at as the unit is producing BSoD. This unit was recently booked in for a environment
upgrade (Mainboard and RAM) and client suspects errors are hardware based. Ran some quick initial tests which passed all OK.
Agreed with client to book unit and run full hardware tests and install windows 7 (provided) if we find no hardware faults (client
says attempts made by themselves to do this would result in installation freezing at 57% (attempted several times)).
Please note when system first left store it hard a repaired version of windows 7 installed (was repaired instead of fresh
installed as client only provided the repair disk) but windows xp was installed when client returned unit.

MISSION DETAILS (PERFORM)
Ran full diagnostics on unit as per clients request. All tests passed OK. Booted unit into OS noticed drivers where not installed
and windows xp had compatibility issue's with several of the devices loaded (conflicting IRQ's) this may be the cause of blue
screen errors described. Decided to run through BIOS settings and check for settings that may cause compatibility issue's all
settings were OK. Changed SATA controller mode from IDE to AHCI mode as both HDD and DVD drive support this feature and would
increase performance of the hard drive by enabling NCQ (native command queuing), we was unable to activate this at the time of
build as client wanted us to repair OS instead of reinstall it (it is impossible to set the SATA mode from IDE to AHCI once the OS
is installed as the HDD will no longer be able to mount the bootable volume). Installed windows 7 without issue, installed latest
hardware drivers and critical windows updates. System booted/rebooted (both hard and soft resets) several times all OK with no
errors or issue's left stress tests running on unit for several hours system was stable throughout.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Prime 95 found no problems :/ idk what the problem is

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
prime 95 tests pretty much ram/cpu/fsb ect..

it runs several tests over and over, when tests are stopped it will give error counts

let it go for a longer time

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright, it's still running, i'll have the report in the morning for ya, if the pc doesn't BSOD first...

well first 2 cores totally died...

[Sat Jan 08 02:40:33 2011]
Self-test 1024K passed!
Self-test 1024K passed!
Self-test 1024K passed!
Self-test 1024K passed!
[Sat Jan 08 02:50:38 2011]
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.498260498, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
[Sat Jan 08 02:55:43 2011]
Self-test 8K passed!
Self-test 8K passed!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
idk how to up my vcore or anything, here are my settings...
CPU-Z
CPU-ID

Evo

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by scotty453
View Post

idk how to up my vcore or anything, here are my settings...
CPU-Z
CPU-ID

Evo

Go into BIOS, and bump vcore to 1.3775. Bam no more problems.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
looks like its at 1.28
up it to around 1.32

boot to bios, hit del after the beep/boot screen
cpu screen will have core/cpu voltage setting

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
THESE ARENT MY SETTINGS:

But this is what my bios looks like, it doesn't say "Vcore"

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mine doesn't have cpu voltage, it has offset cpu voltage instead?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
found it, i had to press the manual thing, before i do it, is there any risk to bumping it up to 1.3775, i tried to and it auto said 1.3885 or something. just wanna be sure.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by scotty453
View Post

found it, i had to press the manual thing, before i do it, is there any risk to bumping it up to 1.3775, i tried to and it auto said 1.3885 or something. just wanna be sure.

When you ran prime, what voltage were you getting? 1.35 might be fine, but 1.3775 will probably be fine too.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts