Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
News Junkie
8,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

After we posted now infamous story about Larrabee, something interesting happened. Instead of closing down, we received a lot of contacts from people involved in the project and actually have an even better look inside the project than before. It looks like old saying "the truth will set you free" is true after all. Following our story about EVGA and XFX, we got contacted by companies that weren't selected and they opened up about Intel's selection process and the situation got quite interesting.

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news...n-1h-2010.aspx

MMM......Interesting this be!

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Yay Intel! Releasing your new sockets every 6 months and forcing everyone who just upgraded to upgrade again!

·
Premium Member
5,971 Posts
This is the first I have heard about a 1h 2010 release date for Larrabee, I was under the impression that it wouldn't come tell 2011. It seems intel has eaten a nice big piece of humble pie, and is going about this a lot more intelligently.Hopefully we will start seeing performance numbers soon.

·
!
17,294 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverPotato View Post
Yay Intel! Releasing your new sockets every 6 months and forcing everyone who just upgraded to upgrade again!

Your statement is untrue. LGA775 has had a long life and 1156 has not "forced" 1366 users to "upgrade" either.

That said, what does that have to do with the article?

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sLowEnd
View Post

Your statement is untrue. LGA775 has had a long life and 1156 has not "forced" 1366 users to "upgrade" either.

Nobody is forcing 1366 users to upgrade, but I got a P55 simply because nobody is making consumer level X58 motherboards anymore. All of the new features and better designs are going to P55.

Oh and my university is working on part of the Larrabee architecture, and everything I've heard(as of last week) says 2011-2012 for release.

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sLowEnd
View Post

He works for AMD

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by liberalelephant
View Post

He works for AMD

What does this have to do with anything?

If anything, 1156 forces people to upgrade to 1366 because of the limited lanes on the integrated PCI-Ex controller.

·
News Junkie
8,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the graphics market needs a good shake up. May the price wars begin!!

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Weedvender
View Post

If anything, 1156 forces people to upgrade to 1366 because of the limited lanes on the integrated PCI-Ex controller.

What does this have to do with anything? Jeez.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by liberalelephant View Post
What does this have to do anything? Jeez.
I think I know the thought process.

Intel -> Larrabee -> connects to pci-e slot -> might have multi-larrabee setup -> OMG, P55 BE STEALIN' MA LANES!

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sodaholic134 View Post
I think I know the thought process.

Intel -> Larrabee -> connects to pci-e slot -> might have multi-larrabee setup -> OMG, P55 BE STEALIN' MA LANES!
word

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sLowEnd View Post

i'm wondering the same thing

·
Z-80 > i9
17,244 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverPotato
View Post

Facedesk.

775 lasted ages, 1366 looks to last ages and 1156 does too...

·
Banned
11,112 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brutuz
View Post

Facedesk.

775 lasted ages, 1366 looks to last ages and 1156 does too...

indeed. the only thing AMD has on its side is socket backwards compatability.

·
Banned
9,264 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverPotato
View Post

Larrabee is a graphics chip. not a CPU.
dont judge before you even know what you're talking about.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nathris
View Post

Nobody is forcing 1366 users to upgrade, but I got a P55 simply because nobody is making consumer level X58 motherboards anymore. All of the new features and better designs are going to P55.

That isn't Intel's fault. The supply of X58 boards reflects the demand.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts