Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanting to know if BSOD 101 only means more vcore. Im at 4Ghz on my 920 with HT off. Its a C0 and im at 1.36 right now getting through 14/15 passes of IBT before it fails giving me a 101 code. Temps are steady around 68C. Could anything else be causing this code or should I just keep upping the vcore one notch till im stable?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
953 Posts
Your vcore is pretty high, might be QPI/VTT. What are your settings at? Can you post a screen shot?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,247 Posts
I never learned the BSOD codes (I'm picking them up as I go), but for a C0 your overclock is fairly good I believe, I think it is likely to be voltage but it might be worth posting some other settings quickly.

Of course your temps aren't near dangerous at the moment, you could always give it a touch of V-core to see if that fixes the issue ^-^
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:


Your vcore is pretty high, might be QPI/VTT. What are your settings at? Can you post a screen shot?

Keep in mind it is a C0 chip, and they have been proven to need more voltage than a D0. QPI/VTT is at 1.36, I'll jot down everything else in a bit and post it up

Quote:


I never learned the BSOD codes (I'm picking them up as I go), but for a C0 your overclock is fairly good I believe, I think it is likely to be voltage but it might be worth posting some other settings quickly.

Of course your temps aren't near dangerous at the moment, you could always give it a touch of V-core to see if that fixes the issue ^-^

This is what I was going by

BSOD codes for overclocking
0x101 = increase vcore
0x124 = increase/decrease vcore or QPI/VTT...have to test to see which one it is
0x0A = unstable RAM/IMC, increase QPI first, if that doesn't work increase vcore
0x1E = increase vcore
0x3B = increase vcore
0xD1 = QPI/VTT, increase/decrease as necessary
0x9C = QPI/VTT most likely, but increasing vcore has helped in some instances
0x50 = RAM timings/Frequency or uncore multi unstable, increase RAM voltage or adjust QPI/VTT, or lower uncore if you're higher than 2x
0x116 = Low IOH (NB) voltage, GPU issue (most common when running multi-GPU/overclocking GPU)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
953 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Crabid
View Post

I never learned the BSOD codes (I'm picking them up as I go), but for a C0 your overclock is fairly good I believe, I think it is likely to be voltage but it might be worth posting some other settings quickly.

Of course your temps aren't near dangerous at the moment, you could always give it a touch of V-core to see if that fixes the issue ^-^

I don't know them all yet, for the ones I don't know google always helps.
I didn't really notice what the temps are at, they aren't bad at all! Are those at max load?!

Quote:


Originally Posted by Racersnare21
View Post

Keep in mind it is a C0 chip, and they have been proven to need more voltage than a D0. QPI/VTT is at 1.36, I'll jot down everything else in a bit and post it up

This is what I was going by

BSOD codes for overclocking
0x101 = increase vcore
0x124 = increase/decrease vcore or QPI/VTT...have to test to see which one it is
0x0A = unstable RAM/IMC, increase QPI first, if that doesn't work increase vcore
0x1E = increase vcore
0x3B = increase vcore
0xD1 = QPI/VTT, increase/decrease as necessary
0x9C = QPI/VTT most likely, but increasing vcore has helped in some instances
0x50 = RAM timings/Frequency or uncore multi unstable, increase RAM voltage or adjust QPI/VTT, or lower uncore if you're higher than 2x
0x116 = Low IOH (NB) voltage, GPU issue (most common when running multi-GPU/overclocking GPU)

I have a C0 also and I'm at 4.0Ghz with HT on at 1.28 vCore. But every chip is different. This is a nice little guide you have there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,247 Posts
Well I'd agree with that


As I said before, I don't think you V-Core is high for a C0 Revision at all.

Here is a little pic from a tom's hardware review of D0 vs. C0 this is their C0 at 4GHz and a 1.4v-core, and it's a top end chip...

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, i get a BSOD, stop code 101.

And kschat, yeah thats full load temps with a lapped TRUE. Im sure it would higher if I had HT on.

This is my BIOS

CPU Clock Ratio ............................. [21x]
DP Frequency ................................ 4.01GHz (191x21)
Intel(R) Turbo Boost Tech ................... [Disabled]
CPU Cores Enabled ........................... [All]
CPU Multi Threading ......................... [Disabled]
CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) ..................... [Disabled]
C3/C6/C7 State Support ...................... [Disabled]
CPU Thermal Monitor ......................... [Disabled]
CPU EIST Function ........................... [Disabled]
Virtualization Technology ................... [Disabled]
Bi-Directional PROCHOT ...................... [Enabled]

Uncore & QPI Features:
QPI Link Ratio .............................. [x36]
QPI Link Speed .............................. 6.87GHz
Uncore Frequency ............................ [x17]
Isonchronous Frequency ...................... [Enabled]

Standard Clock Control:
Base Clock (BCLK) Control ................ [Enabled]
BCLK Frequency (MHz) ..................... [191]
PCI Express Frequency (MHz) .............. [100]

Advanced Clock Control:
CPU Clock Drive ............................ [800mV]
PCI Express Clock Drive .................... [900mV]
CPU Clock Skew ............................. [0ps]
IOH Clock Skew ............................. [0ps]

XMP Disabled
System Memory Multi.............8.0
Memory Frequency................1538
Manual timings set to 9-9-9-24 2T

Advanced Voltage Control:

CPU
Load Line Calibration ...................... [Level 2]
CPU Vcore .......................... 1.36V
QPI/VTT Voltage .................... 1.36V
CPU PLL ............................ 1.88V
MCH/ICH
PCIE .............................. 1.500v
QPI PLL ........................... 1.100v
IOH Core ........................... 1.200v
ICH I/O ............................ 1.500v
ICH Core ........................... 1.100v

DRAM
DRAM Voltage ....................... 1.66v
Everything else is auto
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
953 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Racersnare21
View Post

No, i get a BSOD, stop code 101.

And kschat, yeah thats full load temps with a lapped TRUE. Im sure it would higher if I had HT on.

This is my BIOS

CPU Clock Ratio ............................. [21x]
DP Frequency ................................ 4.01GHz (191x21)
Intel(R) Turbo Boost Tech ................... [Disabled]
CPU Cores Enabled ........................... [All]
CPU Multi Threading ......................... [Disabled]
CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) ..................... [Disabled]
C3/C6/C7 State Support ...................... [Disabled]
CPU Thermal Monitor ......................... [Disabled]
CPU EIST Function ........................... [Disabled]
Virtualization Technology ................... [Disabled]
Bi-Directional PROCHOT ...................... [Enabled]

Uncore & QPI Features:
QPI Link Ratio .............................. [x36]
QPI Link Speed .............................. 6.87GHz
Uncore Frequency ............................ [x17]
Isonchronous Frequency ...................... [Enabled]

Standard Clock Control:
Base Clock (BCLK) Control ................ [Enabled]
BCLK Frequency (MHz) ..................... [191]
PCI Express Frequency (MHz) .............. [100]

Advanced Clock Control:
CPU Clock Drive ............................ [800mV]
PCI Express Clock Drive .................... [900mV]
CPU Clock Skew ............................. [0ps]
IOH Clock Skew ............................. [0ps]

XMP Disabled
System Memory Multi.............8.0
Memory Frequency................1538
Manual timings set to 9-9-9-24 2T

Advanced Voltage Control:

CPU
Load Line Calibration ...................... [Level 2]
CPU Vcore .......................... 1.36V
QPI/VTT Voltage .................... 1.36V
CPU PLL ............................ 1.88V
MCH/ICH
PCIE .............................. 1.500v
QPI PLL ........................... 1.100v
IOH Core ........................... 1.200v
ICH I/O ............................ 1.500v
ICH Core ........................... 1.100v

DRAM
DRAM Voltage ....................... 1.66v
Everything else is auto

Turn your QPI multiplier all the way down. You dont need to full around with the PCIE voltage and the PLL should be set to auto unless your having trouble booting.

EDIT: What is your DRAM ratio? It should be half or half + 1 of your uncore multiplier.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok I turned the qpi back down to auto and bummped up the vcore 1 more notch.

With a BIOS vcore of 1.37. 1.36v in actual testing after vdroop, it passed 15 runs of IBT. I think ill at least call that gaming stable for now. Not going to be doing any folding or video editing on it and I doubt a game will ever push it that hard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
953 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racersnare21;12015133
Ok I turned the qpi back down to auto and bummped up the vcore 1 more notch.

With a BIOS vcore of 1.37. 1.36v in actual testing after vdroop, it passed 15 runs of IBT. I think ill at least call that gaming stable for now. Not going to be doing any folding or video editing on it and I doubt a game will ever push it that hard.
Did you turn your QPI/VTT voltage to auto or the multiplier to auto? Either way don't do that, auto makes voltages way to high and the auto for QPI is higher then you want. You want to turn your QPI multiplier as low as it will go. For voltage make it around 1.32 and bump it up if needed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racersnare21;12012427

This is what I was going by

BSOD codes for overclocking
0x101 = increase vcore
0x124 = increase/decrease vcore or QPI/VTT...have to test to see which one it is
0x0A = unstable RAM/IMC, increase QPI first, if that doesn't work increase vcore
0x1E = increase vcore
0x3B = increase vcore
0xD1 = QPI/VTT, increase/decrease as necessary
0x9C = QPI/VTT most likely, but increasing vcore has helped in some instances
0x50 = RAM timings/Frequency or uncore multi unstable, increase RAM voltage or adjust QPI/VTT, or lower uncore if you're higher than 2x
0x116 = Low IOH (NB) voltage, GPU issue (most common when running multi-GPU/overclocking GPU)
Thanks for posting this!
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top