Votes: 16 13.6%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had nothing better to do so I thought I would list all the BSOD codes and what to do about them for OCing:

I7 x58

0x101 = increase vcore
0x124 = increase/decrease vcore or QPI/VTT...have to test to see which one it is
0x0A = unstable RAM/IMC, increase QPI first, if that doesn't work increase vcore
0x1A = Memory management error. It usually means a bad stick of Ram. Test with Memtest or whatever you prefer. Try raising your Ram voltage. Can also mean more juice for the south bridge ICH volts
0x1E = increase vcore, or lower RAM frequency/ increase RAM voltage
0x3B = increase vcore, or lower RAM frequency/ increase RAM voltage
0x3D = increase vcore
0xD1 = QPI/VTT, increase/decrease as necessary
0x9C = QPI/VTT most likely, but increasing vcore has helped in some instances
0x50 = RAM timings/Frequency or uncore multi unstable, increase RAM voltage or adjust QPI/VTT, or lower uncore if you're higher than 2x
0x116 = Low IOH (NB) voltage, GPU issue (most common when running multi-GPU/overclocking GPU)
0x00000109 = Not enough or too Much memory voltage
0x7E = Corrupted OS file, possibly from overclocking. Run sfc /scannow and chkdsk /r
0x24 = Disk corruption (Did you OC the PCI-E bus?)
0x19: memory voltage

LGA 1155 Sandy Bridge

BSOD Codes for SandyBridge
0x124 = add/remove vcore or QPI/VTT voltage (usually Vcore, once it was QPI/VTT)
0x101 = add more vcore
0x50 = RAM timings/Frequency add DDR3 voltage or add QPI/VTT
0x1E = add more vcore
0x3B = add more vcore
0xD1 = add QPI/VTT voltage
0X109 = add DDR3 voltage
0x0A = add QPI/VTT voltage
0x1A = Memory management error. It usually means a bad stick of Ram. Test with Memtest or whatever you prefer. Try raising your Ram voltage. Can also mean more juice for the south bridge ICH volts
=
LGA 775

0x101 = increase vcore
0x124 = increase/decrease vcore or VTT
0x0A = unstable RAM/NB, increase NB/VTT first, if that doesn't work increase vcore
0x1E = increase vcore, or lower RAM frequency/ increase RAM voltage
0x3B = increase vcore, or lower RAM frequency/ increase RAM voltage
0xD1 = VTT, increase/decrease as necessary
0x9C = VTT most likely, but increasing vcore has helped in some instances
0x00000109 = Not enough or too Much memory voltage

AMD (This is new, if you have any codes or experiences with AMD and BSODs post the codes here and I will update the OP)]
0x124= Add more vcore

I hope this is useful!

·
Premium Member
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by amang;12369484
Nice compilation! Thanks for that.
smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow19935;12369503
Nice, rated subbed and repped!
smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amann;12369505
omg! copied and pasted and stickied to sticky note on my background, ty sir
You are all welcome!

·
Premium Member
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st.;12369533
Thread title, BSOB.

I've got those posted in a notepad on my desktop and a post-it on my computer screen with those written down, they're very helpful!
Changed to BSOD, glad you found it useful!

·
Premium Member
5,047 Posts
I'm sorry to be the guy that comes along and pisses on the fire, but where is the proof and evidence that this is indeed the case. Also instead of just posting a few hex numbers why not give the details on the actual BSOD its self. I am pretty sure that the screen does not tell you the hex number and then suggest you raise the voltage on the vcore. in other words whats the actual stop message that relates to those hex codes you provided.

Thanks for listing the info. Just need hard evidence that this works for these stop codes instead of just being a happen to work chance for you while over clocking YOUR system

·
Fly on the wall
2,432 Posts
Thanks.

·
Registered
432 Posts
thanks man, will come in very handy im sure
thumbs_up_emoticon.gif

·
Premium Member
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippen Out;12369651
I'm sorry to be the guy that comes along and pisses on the fire, but where is the proof and evidence that this is indeed the case. Also instead of just posting a few hex numbers why not give the details on the actual BSOD its self. I am pretty sure that the screen does not tell you the hex number and then suggest you raise the voltage on the vcore. in other words whats the actual stop message that relates to those hex codes you provided.

Thanks for listing the info. Just need hard evidence that this works for these stop codes instead of just being a happen to work chance for you while over clocking YOUR system
0x101:
Quote:
Cause: The specified processor is not processing interrupts. Typically, this occurs when the processor is nonresponsive or is deadlocked.
How to fix a lock up: MOAR VOLTS!

0xA:
Quote:
Cause

This bug check is issued if paged memory (or invalid memory) is accessed when the IRQL is too high.

The error that generates this bug check usually occurs after the installation of a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS.
The bit in bold = something to do with RAM/memory = MOAR VOLTS!

I could list them all but I don't have the time to waste looking them all up

Reference:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff557211(v=vs.85).aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff560129(v=VS.85).aspx

·
Lister
13,244 Posts
This list seems to have gone viral. It has appeared on many forums recently.

http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/935482-i7-950-now-not-stable-solved.html#post12310017 5 Days Ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaMMeR=GoM=;12310017
BSOD codes for overclocking
0x101 = increase vcore
0x124 = increase/decrease vcore or QPI/VTT...have to test to see which one it is
0x0A = unstable RAM/IMC, increase QPI first, if that doesn't work increase vcore
0x1E = increase vcore
0x3B = increase vcore
0x3D = increase vcore
0xD1 = QPI/VTT, increase/decrease as necessary
0x50 = RAM timings/Frequency or uncore multi unstable, increase RAM voltage or adjust QPI/VTT, or lower uncore if you're higher than 2x
0x109 = Not enough or too Much memory voltage
0x116 = Low IOH (NB) voltage, GPU issue (most common when running multi-GPU/overclocking GPU)
0x7E = Corrupted OS file, possibly from overclocking. Run sfc /scannow and chkdsk /r
Here's the fix:
http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/928911-possible-solution-suddenly-unstable-overclocks-must.html
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=266589 02-11-2011, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Please feel free to comment, advise, correct, and add to this list. I am not the original author and will not take credit for it. I simply thought that it should be posted by itself. I am only repeating the info that I got here and at OCN. This is currently for Intel i7 systems, but I would like for everyone to help me set it up for other systems as well. I will update the list as new information is received.

Thanks, just giving back,
/eVo/HaMMeR=GoM=

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.