Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last week or so I've been getting quite a few BSODs. The majority of the BSODs have been Bccode D1, but have also had a couple other ones (cannot remember the Bccode of them), one of them being related to a Intel Ethernet adapter driver to which I have installed the latest version and not longer get BSODs relating to it anymore, however the D1 BSOD is still occurring.

Recently (the last 2 days) when I've gotten a D1 BSOD, instead of actually seeing a blue screen my computer just freezes and then restarts and when I get back to my desktop I get the "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown" dialog box with the Bccode D1. I have checked these BSODs in WhoCrashed and all the D1 BSODs seem to be relating to tcpip.sys.

I have tried reinstalling gpu drivers (by completely removing all traces of previous drivers), chipset drivers, bluetooth drivers, ethernet drivers, Renesas USB 3 drivers, and I have also run Memtest86 for 2 full runs (about 3.5 hours) and no errors. Also I don't know if it's related or not, but ever since I have been getting these BSODs my graphics driver occasionally will stop responding and recover, which is why I tried reinstalling gpu drivers and have also removed all overclocks on my gpus. I have not tried reinstalling the OS yet, that is my last resort, but I will do it if I have to.

Specs of my rig are in my sig (Fermi Space Heater), and as well I have attached a Sysnative file collection, however I could not generate a perfmon report because it comes up with a timed out error while generating a report.

SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip 2437k .zip file

Edit: I should also note, that about a week before these BSODs started I did a thorough clean of my computer, I even removed all the RAM, gpus, and hard drives. When I googled this problem it said it might be a RAM problem, I have since reseated the RAM and it did not solve it. I have not tried reseating the GPUs and/or hard drives, should I do this?

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I managed to get the File Collection file uploaded finally (in OP), as it wouldn't let me before. Anybody have any ideas on what is causing my BSODs, and/or my gpu driver crashes? I'm starting to get quite irritated with the constant crashes.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoriaz View Post

Hi, try uninstalling MalwareBytes and then report back. It has been appearing in all but one dumpfile as a possible culprit
smile.gif
Thanks for the reply!

I have uninstalled MalwareBytes, and waiting to see if it fixes the crashing. Now what happens if it is MBAM causing these crashes? I really like having it running in the background. Is it maybe just a bug from a recent update that I have to wait to be fixed since it only just started happening recently? I've had MBAM installed for over a year without these problems.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
You're welcome
thumb.gif

It's a little difficult to tell really, and I don't have an answer in all honesty! If you are able to run without crashes, you can blame MBAM and decide if you want to try and re-install it to give it a second chance.
It's very much trial and error, as I am no expert in reading these dumpfiles and my "scans" are purely scratching the surface of the underlying problem.

And you're right, some sort of update caused the conflict, it isn't necessarily a bug.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am pleased to announce that I have not gotten a BSOD since uninstalling MBAM, however I am still occasionally getting nvidia driver crashes still. I have tried uninstalling all nvidia drivers using display driver uninstaller (formerly driver sweeper) in safe mode and reinstalling a previous gpu driver that I had for several months and had no issues with (355.60), yet no dice. I have also tried reseating both gpus and by ensuring that all power cables, and hard drive cables in the PC are securely connected. Anybody have any ideas on what could be causing these gpu crashes?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just an update to my gpu driver crashing problem. I think I may have solved it. After some extensive google searching I found a "fix" that involved going into the Device Manager and checking the properties of each NVIDIA High Definition Audio driver and disabling any of them that have the location 0 (same location as the Realtek High Definition Audio driver). 2 out of the 8 NVIDIA audio drivers entries that I have are location 0, so I disabled them. Apparently when these audio drivers are set to location 0 they can cause conflicts with the Realtek Drivers, and cause the NVIDIA drivers to crash. Since I disabled these 2 drivers I have not had any gpu driver crashes. Hopefully this can be helpful to others that may be experiencing the same problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts