·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i have a asus x570-f with a rtx 3080ti
-- cruical 2x16 32gb 4400mhz
-- ryzen 7 5800x
-- Corsair 850watt power supply

I login to windows and get a bsod and then i get a red cpu led on the motherboard and no monitor signal i cleared the cmos and it worked again and now it has done it again and it wont boot even with clear cmos and the bios is flashed to the newest version

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Hello i have a asus x570-f with a rtx 3080ti
-- cruical 2x16 32gb 4400mhz
-- ryzen 7 5800x
-- Corsair 850watt power supply

I login to windows and get a bsod and then i get a red cpu led on the motherboard and no monitor signal i cleared the cmos and it worked again and now it has done it again and it wont boot even with clear cmos and the bios is flashed to the newest version
Turn ez xmp off. Rog boards have a switch for that and it auto loads xmp. 4400 will never work on that setup loading xmp

·
Rig Advisor
4,920 Posts
You are all over the map on this one, be as specific as you can. Usually Red is CPU, amber RAM and white PCIe.

Did you build this yourself? Try reseating the CPU. Unplug all usb devices except keyboard and mouse.

Recheck that all psu plugs are firm.

·
Rig Advisor
4,920 Posts
Turn ez xmp off. Rog boards have a switch for that and it auto loads xmp. 4400 will never work on that setup loading xmp
The board should not set XMP by default and revert back to safe mode if RAM oc failure is the culprit.

Didn't know there was a switch for auto xmp. Face palm

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i cleared the cmos and run the system with stock memory speed for a whole day and it worked and when i turned it back on this morning with stock speed it crashed and the red led comes on

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are all over the map on this one, be as specific as you can. Usually Red is CPU, amber RAM and white PCIe.

Did you build this yourself? Try reseating the CPU. Unplug all usb devices except keyboard and mouse.

Recheck that all psu plugs are firm.
i am getting a red cpu light after bsod the memory was at 2666mhz not oc in bios

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
The board should not set XMP by default and revert back to safe mode if RAM oc failure is the culprit.

Didn't know there was a switch for auto xmp. Face palm
Yea there's a easy xmp switch lol.
But something way bigger is going on

·
Registered
4,121 Posts

·
Rig Advisor
4,920 Posts
could a cpu not seated right cause bsod ?
Possibly. Improper contact with your AIO or insufficient TIM application can most certainly lead to temp BSODs. I would pull the power cord. Pull the CMOS battery. Re-seat the CPU and re-apply TIM/AIO. Make sure 8 pin CPU PSU cable is plugged in correctly. If modular, check PSU cable connection points.

Knowing the BSOD code could help us here.

Did YOU build this? Is it new?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Possibly. Improper contact with your AIO or insufficient TIM application can most certainly lead to temp BSODs. I would pull the power cord. Pull the CMOS battery. Re-seat the CPU and re-apply TIM/AIO. Make sure 8 pin CPU PSU cable is plugged in correctly. If modular, check PSU cable connection points.

Knowing the BSOD code could help us here.

Did YOU build this? Is it new?
i do not know the bsod code and yes i built this but the mb cpu and aoi was a bundle prebuilt

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.