Overclock.net banner
41 - 60 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Either your GPU is crapping out, or your GPU drivers got corrupted.
Use DDU to clear your drivers and install a fresh one.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Do you have a different PSU to try? I have a vega64 that would do the exact same thing with a 650w, except also in-game. Switched to an 800w and the problem went away. OC'd this card pulls 330w, less than your 3080.

·
Registered
9,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Let's see. So far in this thread I have got that they are sure it's a video card driver issue, a video card issue, a PSU issue, a memory issue a ssd issue and a hardware acceleration issue. What's left?

·
Registered
9,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Do you have a different PSU to try? I have a vega64 that would do the exact same thing with a 650w, except also in-game. Switched to an 800w and the problem went away. OC'd this card pulls 330w, less than your 3080.
What do you mean it does the exact same thing? I have never had an issue with any game only browing the internet or watching youtube.

·
Registered
9,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·

·
Registered
2,003 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Water Blue Sky Font Rectangle

Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot Software

Then do a restart now and check for problems. It's build in so no need to download anything, or make a bootable drive. When I had memory issues(due to an overtightened waterblock), it would correctly say so. So maybe that's worth a shot as it's the easiest to try.

·
Registered
39 Posts
What do you mean it does the exact same thing? I have never had an issue with any game only browing the internet or watching youtube.
Right, I guess you would be using a more powerful PSU if you had it. Well since Ichirou knows how to read a bug report 😅 do you have a different GPU to swap to? Or maybe a different system to try the questionable 3080 in?

·
Registered
208 Posts

How have you onnectec the gpu from your PSU, with 3 seperate psu cables?
That card needs 3 seperate cables,no daisy chained cables.

I would say the psu is a bit too light for the 3080,,because off the powerspikes off the gpu

·
Senior OCN Member
41,702 Posts
View attachment 2560501
View attachment 2560502

Then do a restart now and check for problems. It's build in so no need to download anything, or make a bootable drive. When I had memory issues(due to an overtightened waterblock), it would correctly say so. So maybe that's worth a shot as it's the easiest to try.
That one is notorious for being unreliable so no memtest86 is far better
I used both when i tested my RAM and the Windows one found no problems while memtest86 found over 1500 errors after an hour and a half

·
Registered
9,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Right, I guess you would be using a more powerful PSU if you had it. Well since Ichirou knows how to read a bug report 😅 do you have a different GPU to swap to? Or maybe a different system to try the questionable 3080 in?
This video is the reason why I went with the Corsair 600w for my system. A 600w PSU is enough.

·
Registered
9,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·

·
Registered
9,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
How have you onnectec the gpu from your PSU, with 3 seperate psu cables?
That card needs 3 seperate cables,no daisy chained cables.

I would say the psu is a bit too light for the 3080,,because off the powerspikes off the gpu
3 separate cables? I have the 3080FE with the included adapter.

·
Old and Crochity
5,288 Posts
Right here. If you look further up, it says BUGCHECK_CODE 119.
The others who pitched in here were just speculating, but that BSOD actually spells out a GPU issue.

I wasn't speculating. I was busy. I'm the one that had him run the BSOD analysis. He never gave me the loaded and unloaded module list so we could see what was trying to load and unload when the BSOD went off.

It COULD be what you said, but the PSU could also be not dropping enough power for a microsecond and causing the GPU driver to crash. I don't think that 600W corsair is enough. 600W isn't what that PSU does. It's it's rated MAXIMUM power draw for about 2 seconds not SUSTAINED power draw.

So Ichirou, you're partially right. It's a GPU error code but it could be from -- bad drivers, bad GPU VRAM, or a power drop from the PSU that causes the GPU to drop.

Stop buying Corsair, start buying Seasonic and for God's sake never buy a PSU under 750W maximum power draw. I don't buy anything under 1Kw and I always run a UPS which everyone should be doing as well. Clean power and voltage is CRITICAL. The PSU is the most important THE MOST IMPORTANT THE MOST IMPORTANT part of any build. PERIOD.

·
Registered
9,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I wasn't speculating. I was busy. I'm the one that had him run the BSOD analysis. He never gave me the loaded and unloaded module list so we could see what was trying to load and unload when the BSOD went off.

It COULD be what you said, but the PSU could also be not dropping enough power for a microsecond and causing the GPU driver to crash. I don't think that 600W corsair is enough. 600W isn't what that PSU does. It's it's rated MAXIMUM power draw for about 2 seconds not SUSTAINED power draw.

So Ichirou, you're partially right. It's a GPU error code but it could be from -- bad drivers, bad GPU VRAM, or a power drop from the PSU that causes the GPU to drop.

Stop buying Corsair, start buying Seasonic and for God's sake never buy a PSU under 750W maximum power draw. I don't buy anything under 1Kw and I always run a UPS which everyone should be doing as well. Clean power and voltage is CRITICAL. The PSU is the most important THE MOST IMPORTANT THE MOST IMPORTANT part of any build. PERIOD.
What do I need to do to give you the loaded and unloaded module list? Seasonic was the last psu I had but there is no denying that Corsair currently is the king of SFF power supplies. If you feel differently then can you recommend a better one?

·
Registered
208 Posts
yhea the 3080 needs 3 separate cables,too have enough power. you need to connect

Nothing wrong with Corsair,just use an power supply that has enough power and,an high quality one , the 3080 needs an very good one,with the power spikes.
I am using an overpowered one with my 3080ti an HX1200v2, very stable and also quiet.

All brands have had their bad power supplies,just pick a good one and your good.

·
Registered
9,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Guys, I have had the current configuration since the release of the 3080 and now is when I have the problem? Also, never a error during gaming.

·
Premium Member
10,252 Posts
Guys, I have had the current configuration since the release of the 3080 and now is when I have the problem? Also, never a error during gaming.
So have you actually tried any of the hardware related suggestions? Swapping psu or gpu? How bout disabiling power saving features to eliminate instability caused by transitory loads?

·
Registered
9,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
So have you actually tried any of the hardware related suggestions? Swapping psu or gpu? How bout disabiling power saving features to eliminate instability caused by transitory loads?
So far I have disabled hardware acceleration in Chrome and installed new display drivers. Right now I'm running memtest86. I need to use my computer more today to see if there is still an issue. My thought is, if memtest86 passes, I'll just buy a new PSU, then go from there.

·
Senior OCN Member
41,702 Posts
If it was the PSU you would be having shut downs not BSOD´s
I would try the GPU in another machine or trying another GPU in the machine with the 3080 before i would replace the PSU

Until you have ruled out the RAM with memtest86 i still think its the RAM then the GPU second and the PSU as the last thing behind even the motherboard
A PSU too small or broken does NOT give you BSOD´s

• Rep+
Reactions: Ichirou
41 - 60 of 107 Posts