Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have a 60GB OCZ Vertex 2 for OS etc and I bought 2 Samsung Spinpoint F3s (500GB) to put into RAID 0 which I will be using for gaming, photo editing and storage (mainly movies).

The motherboard I am trying to set it up on is ASRock gen3 Extreme3 z68. Yesterday I installed all the drivers for the motherboard, chose RAID mode in storage configuration in the mb BIOS then pressed F11, ctrl-I and set up the RAID drives. Everything went fine, I set it to 128kb, selected the HDDs etc. Once that was done I tried to boot into windows and got a brief BSOD.

So I had to get rid of RAID mode, delete the RAID configuration and then I could boot into windows. I know the motherboard supports it so how the hell do I do it?

·
Not new to overclock.net
1,592 Posts
did you not set the boot drive to ahci and the raid drives to raid? I messed that up in the bios when I first tried raid.

·
Registered
42 Posts
How did you set it up seperately? I'm using an Asus M4N98TD Evo. Crucial M4, and two 1Tb Spinpoint F3s. The Bios main page has a Storage setting and I can only change that to Raid. I don't see anywhere else I can individually change them to AHCI or raid

EDIT: Ok, I fixed it by setting up the Storage Configuration as RAID first, then setting up what I wanted as RAID, THEN installing Windows. That worked. Even though my Crucial M4 was shown as RAID:M4 instead of SATA:M4, it's still independent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts