Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
i hope some1 will help me. My computer is running well, i thing...

But sometimes; in 1 of 25 restarts it crashes to BSOD with this code: ***STOP 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x000000, 0xF7C4633C, 0xF7C46038).
It seems to be linked with settings changes in bios (E.G. it crashed when i have disabled chipSOUND, or when i changed clocks) - But not always!

I thing RAM modules are ok, I tried few tests in Goldmemory and MemTEST, for min 8 hours. Last time for 51 hours in memtest, and without problems... all tests passed. Also Prime95 and CPUStab any many other tests are ok.. Only in BurnInTest there were few errors with 2d graphic (maybe for overheating) But CPU tests - Maths and SSE test without problems... All stable.

I really dont know how i can diagnose booting problems. Maybe it is problem in Motherboard(i have last bios)...

It continues also with my new 500W Forton Power Supply

Any suggestions are welcome! THX

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
the latest bios is not always the best, you have to get the one proven to suit your equipment. as for the bsod.....if it is only 1 in 25 then maybe dont worry about it too much. I know with the few of my rigs every now and then it just stops when booting, press reset again and away we go. the bsod you are getting is obviously a major problem to the system, either there is a volt drop maybe and it crashes or a setting in the bios goes wayward and causes the problem. Try another bios version and see if it persists, or try another psu and see if it persists. Take ya ram out and put it back in also, I have had a problem with ram almost corroding in the slot, I took it out and cleaned it up and no worries, problem solved.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuchan
the latest bios is not always the best, you have to get the one proven to suit your equipment. as for the bsod.....if it is only 1 in 25 then maybe dont worry about it too much. I know with the few of my rigs every now and then it just stops when booting, press reset again and away we go. the bsod you are getting is obviously a major problem to the system, either there is a volt drop maybe and it crashes or a setting in the bios goes wayward and causes the problem. Try another bios version and see if it persists, or try another psu and see if it persists. Take ya ram out and put it back in also, I have had a problem with ram almost corroding in the slot, I took it out and cleaned it up and no worries, problem solved.
Thx, so... this problem was with EC 350W and now remains... With Forton 500W... But u are right, i ll try this procedure:
- Flash original Bios
- plug Ram modules to B channel
- Plug HDD to another SATA

I have too little suggestion. My timings in BIOS are set on AUTO, so maybe it fails when bios sets bad values... So i ll also try set it manualy bad i am quite confused:
I have to set:
-Dram Cas Latenci [2 - 3]
-Dram RAS Precharge [2 - 5]
-Dram Ras to Cas delay [2 - 5]
-Dram Ras activate to precharge delay [4 - 15]
-Dram Write recovery time [2 - 5]

Only I now about my MDT ram modules is Cas latenci 2.5, but another values are unknown for me

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
I have heard of this problem from a few people and all of them had 6600GT's. A resolution has been to remove the video drivers with Driver Cleaner from:

http://www.driverheaven.net

and reinstall a new set of drivers from the Nvidia website.

R

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ropey
I have heard of this problem from a few people and all of them had 6600GT's. A resolution has been to remove the video drivers with Driver Cleaner from:

http://www.driverheaven.net

and reinstall a new set of drivers from the Nvidia website.

R
Hello, i am staring at your reply. I am using Gimps Rus modified drivers, so it is better to use WHQL drivers... Thank you, I have searched a lot but didn't found anything similar like this. Stop code is also same as in another cases?

Thank u all. Really good website!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roguecloud
are you overclocking anything?
Yes i am overclocking, but i have this problem wit default values also. Now, all frequncies are default...

Quote:

Originally Posted by satansmurf
I have actually seen this one on reboots and startups:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900485
So u have this problem too?

MS writes, that it causes bad timings. Do u thing, they mean RAM timings? so it should really be problem with my AUTO timing settings in bios.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi there, I got that fix... Now only I can do is waiting. I will write u if next BSOD appears... THX U ALL

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
I had the same problem.....reloading the factory bios then re updating them fixed it. It shows up as a memory/timing problem, but I found it to be caused by a corrupted bios file.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by busa
I had the same problem.....reloading the factory bios then re updating them fixed it. It shows up as a memory/timing problem, but I found it to be caused by a corrupted bios file.
Oh thx for info... Are u sure it was in bios file? Did u try to set timings manually? It is very interesting, corrupted BIOS file. Now u are using same bios version as before? U have redownloaded it?

thx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts