Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend of mine has a rig without a graphics card. He's currently using the integrated graphics and wants a dedicated one. What can he get?
Right now, I only know that he has a Phenom X6 CPU
His budget is low. My guess is $50
He has no preference over ATI or Nvidia
This is supposed to last him for a few years
He uses 1024x768 resolution (that's his max resolution cause of his old monitor)
Monitor uses VGA plug
Games he plays or will play: Dragon Saga, FlyFF, League of Legends, Path of Exile, Diablo 3
Graphics settings on games: he's ok with low or medium settings

Update: Buddy took a pic of his PSU and this is the link where it was purchased from

·
Registered
907 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkenex View Post

Kindly show me where, I paid a bit over $100 for my 6850 2 months ago. I payed a lot, I know, but If I payed double when I could have gotten a Xfire setup, I will kill somebody.
just search for amd hd 6870 on ebay. they are used but many of them sell for under $75. my neighbor just bought one for $65 that is basically new

·
Registered
71 Posts
i would say an hd 5670 or hd 6670, not knowing what PSU his friend has ... those can be found brand new on newegg for around $60, if i am not mistaken

·
Registered
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFirnz View Post

If you can get your hands on a 68xx series for under $80 twist his arm until he gets it. That would be a super sweet deal. Don't forget we have a marketplace here.
thumb.gif

Or any local used sources.
That psu only has 1 native 6 pin pci-e connector.
his buddy probably has a card by now by i +1 that right there. my old 6850 and 6790 (both Barts and the 6790 is on a 6870 board) never did me wrong. played crysis and metro well enough and doing my kids good now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts