Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im making a rig with p5b deluxe and e6300.
Very low budget for it.
Need your help.
2x1gb sticks that can oc like a champ for $225 or less.
maybe $250.
I see most ram going for $300 which is rediculous considering how that will become the most expensive component of this system.
Planning on hitting 450+ fsb.
Use the system for Visual Studio 2k5, file editing, etc. So it must be extremely stable.
Thank you in advance.

·
Banned
931 Posts
If you plan to OC like a champ, you will need to buy pretty good sticks. When your looking at the E6300 with a 7X multiplier, you will need pretty good sticks to hit DDR2 900+ speeds. $250 isn't stretching it too much, but your not going to get what you want for $225.

·
Banned
931 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SaII
View Post

He could buy used OC-ing memory.

YEah, thats why i'm saying $250 isn't stretching it. I'll be selling everything I have soon and my memory will be about $250. Once I get enough rep, just look out for my For Sale thread.

Goodluck with looking btw. Hope you find what you want. You picked a really good combination of the E6300 and P5B deluxe. I have mine up to 3.4Ghz right now and planning to go higher soon.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
IMO, buy the cheapest 2GB DDR2 800 set that will boot at 1.8volts, and if you ever get over a 400mhz FSB, use a divider (*GASP!!!!*).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.