Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking for an "around the shop" camera for pictures of builds and such. I'm partly tempted to pick up something like a D40 or even used D3000 and then use a spare kit lens. The other option is just to pick up an inexpensive P&S. The pictures that will be taken with this are more to show what we are doing than to be judged on photographic quality.

So, what do you guys suggest for a P&S around $150ish.

From a quick browse on Newegg, I saw this one.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
I would use a cheap DSLR like you had in mind. It's going to be inside after all, so a DSLR's noise handling would be useful, unless you had planned to just use direct flash on everything.

·
Premium Member
11,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneTomorrow;15296120
I would use a cheap DSLR like you had in mind. It's going to be inside after all, so a DSLR's noise handling would be useful, unless you had planned to just use direct flash on everything.
Lighting is never ideal so a flash is almost always needed. Given that a lot of the pictures are of cases, its hard to bounce a flash too and still light the parts of the case that need to be seen. A cheap DSLR would be nice but at the same time a P&S is easy to snap photos with.

If anyone sees any good priced DSLRs with a focus motor, I have a couple non AF-S lenses that I never use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts