Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
well my first question is what are you planning to do with this case, becuase that first pick of yours is pretty much a thermos, if you want to overclock or use performance pieces, its going to be nasty

the haf 932 is fine, its not loud at all and you can simply turn off the led fan. now its not exactly discreet LOOKIing but with no leds or anything it will look pretty much the same as a closed case

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

well my first question is what are you planning to do with this case, becuase that first pick of yours is pretty much a thermos, if you want to overclock or use performance pieces, its going to be nasty

the haf 932 is fine, its not loud at all and you can simply turn off the led fan. now its not exactly discreet LOOKIing but with no leds or anything it will look pretty much the same as a closed case

What the hell.. Why would it get toasty? The R2 has places for 2 front, 1 bottom, 1 side, 2 top and 1 rear fan. I wouldn't even need that much cooling anyway. Which is why it comes with fan hole cover sort things. If I was going to get a 932, I may as well keep my tempest. But the tempest has too many fans and the hard drive rack is a piece of ****.

Quote:

OP, if you can stretch your budget a bit, the Silversone FT01 (in all of its flavors) is extremely quiet, discrete and stylish, though it is pretty expensive for a midtower :/

That looks really good. A lot smaller than my tempest, which is actually a good thing. But it is $100AUD more than the two I posted. So I'm not sure If I can get it.

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid93 View Post
That looks really good. A lot smaller than my tempest, which is actually a good thing. But it is $100AUD more than the two I posted. So I'm not sure If I can get it.
Yeah, that's what I feared

The fractal design is nice though, it's essentially an upgraded p180 antec case... Done right

Put my vote in for the fractal since the FT01 is out of your range ^^

·
Registered
505 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Munkypoo7 View Post
The HAF fans are not quiet...unless you use a fan controller.

OP, if you can stretch your budget a bit, the Silversone FT01 (in all of its flavors) is extremely quiet, discrete and stylish, though it is pretty expensive for a midtower :/
i own this case, i do not use fan controllers, and i actually tested it to see if i could hear it over a drink fizzing at 3 feet away and i cant.
only thing i changed was remounting each fan with rubber washers, but no fan controllers

so clearly your statement is unfounded.

and [email protected] 2 places for front fans on the r2
maybe you missed the gigantic metal shield on the front of the case.. good luck getting airflow through there

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by !ender_ View Post
so clearly your statement is unfounded.
No it is not, my brother owns he 932, and at low speed it is much, much louder than my FT01 and my older removed Antec p183.

I was merely comparing my current case with my brothers case, plus he wants something stylish, not a huge behemoth eyesore (that's an opinion
)

Oh edit: the fractal has perforated sides on the front, which does allow substantial airflow, same as the p18x series.

·
Village Idiot
2,428 Posts
Why not a P183?

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
I have a whisper and I'm very happy with it. With a few little mods to the case, it can be made really quiet.

With only 2 HDD's, you don't need to use the 2 80mm fans at the back. Tape up the 2 80mm vents and the long vertical one, to eliminate hot air recirculation and use a PWM main case fan.
The front fan is entirely silent and is actually 140mm, not 120mm like its advertised.
I've cut out the fan guards, on the case, to quiet it even more & increase air movement.

All I really hear is air moving and the HDD's clicking. My mouse clicks are louder.

The only thing about the case is it feels fairly cheap. And if size matters, then you should know the Whisper is a full sized tower, accommodating upto E-ATX boards.

• Rep+
Reactions: hick
1 - 11 of 11 Posts