Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Been around...
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rate of reproduction: I decided that it probably shouldn't be a good idea to spam the forum in order to reproduce it...

Steps to Repeat: I went into the marketplace appraisals section of the forum and created a new thread. It's still there. (Note that I wasn't aware that I wasn't aware I wasn't supposed to be able to post in there until after I made the post.)

Expected: As with the other marketplace sections, I shouldn't have had the ability to post. (At least I think so. I see stuff saying 35 rep and I don't think I have that.)

URL of issue: Appraisal: Ryzen 3900x + Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Instead of a badge, can I just get some rep? ;) I'd really rather sell my motherboard/CPU to an enthusiast rather than post on ebay.

• Rep+
Reactions: ThrashZone

·
Overclocker in training
14,315 Posts
Hi,
Looks like you have 36 now try again ;)

·
Overclocker in training
14,315 Posts
Correct this should not be the case. However @VS Jeff & @Overclock_Admin need to provide me with the tools in order to correct this. (Please see my emails on this exact topic)
Hi,
Reps are reaction score and there is also points so which is it for this 35 minimum limit ?

·
Administrator
64,404 Posts
Hi,
Reps are reaction score and there is also points so which is it for this 35 minimum limit ?
I will be looking at which one will define that parameter sometime soon, the whole REP system is being re-done in any case so for the moment things are a little in flux.

·
Overclocker in training
14,315 Posts
I will be looking at which one will define that parameter sometime soon, the whole REP system is being re-done in any case so for the moment things are a little in flux.
Hi,
Yeah op if you look has 36 reaction score atm so should be good to do what he wanted too :)

·
Been around...
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Correct this should not be the case. However @VS Jeff & @Overclock_Admin need to provide me with the tools in order to correct this. (Please see my emails on this exact topic)
Thank you, @ThrashZone.

Everyone else, if there's anything else I can do to help resolve this (or other issues), please let me know. I generally don't use OCN as heavily as some, but it really is a great resource (regardless of what UI you put on it.)

·
Overclocker in training
14,315 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Hi,
You should be good too 36 :cool:
Why are you completely defeating the purpose of the rep system?

Hard to read because of broken formatting, but the point still gets across:

·
Overclocker in training
14,315 Posts
Why are you completely defeating the purpose of the rep system?

Hard to read because of broken formatting, but the point still gets across:
Hi,
Showing the obvious flaws thought that was a given lol :confused:

·
Overclocker in training
14,315 Posts
Hi,
Just to add some type of detail
This is just a facebook... like format system
Just because someone renamed "like to rep+" means very little to nothing.

Main point is I shouldn't be able to rep/ like someone like I have been

On a normal rep system I should have to spread reps around to 25... other users before I can rep the same person again.

But this has never happen here making the rep system silly and easily manipulated.

·
Been around...
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@ENTERPRISE

So.. what happens with this:

Further to this all those who provide a unique and viable bug report will also be awarded a 1 Year Premium Overclocked Account

The user awards and 1 Year Premium Overclocked Account for bug finding will available for 30 days from the day of migration.

·
Administrator
64,404 Posts
@ENTERPRISE

So.. what happens with this:
This will still happen but I am awaiting the badge system to be developed. I will look into whether or not we can manually assign premium accounts yet

1 - 17 of 17 Posts