Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pulled the filter off the 120mm fan on my case panel, and like literrally 30 slaughtered and mutilated dead moths fell out... I was like "***"

·
Premium Member
3,859 Posts
When I opened this thread, I thught you were going to talk about the bugs in the beta 64-bit windows....

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

I just pulled the filter off the 120mm fan on my case panel, and like literrally 30 slaughtered and mutilated dead moths fell out... I was like "***"

Im calling PITA...Moth Killer!!!!!!

LOL/JK

·
Premium Member
6,357 Posts
yeah yiffy..in my old rig i found dead moths...spiders..webs..and even eggs...LOL that machine killed everything and it was a hot sukka too! I vacuumed that whole case took like 30 minutes

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Strictly dust here. But I notice that my temps go up a few degrees when there's dust clogging the HSF. When it's clean I'm at 35 C load. Right now (cuz it's dirty) I'm at 39 C. How often do you clean your case out man?

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
hmm, thats kinda scary....the most ive ever had was a couple flies and 1 mosquito

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash

Yiffy needs a hunting license

hahaa

yeah dude!!! all those moths had families! their probly crying right now!

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
I watched a moth fly into a side intake fan once. Was pretty spectacular. Kind of like the human equivalent of putting someone through a wood chipper.

Took me ages to clean it all out, bits everywhere. Not that I condone violence but if you ever get the chance to invite a moth to 'take a look' at the inside of your case, its highly recommended, if only for the sheer beauty of it.

It goes bzzzzzzt and the dust goes everywhere. Suppose the size of the particles depends on the speed of the fan, and the velocity of the moth. Wonder what species flies fastest? Coloured fans would also help, as would some signs from the window to the PC maybe so the poor thing dosen't get lost en route.

I'm lost and confusing myself

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by muffin

I watched a moth fly into a side intake fan once. Was pretty spectacular. Kind of like the human equivalent of putting someone through a wood chipper.

Took me ages to clean it all out, bits everywhere. Not that I condone violence but if you ever get the chance to invite a moth to 'take a look' at the inside of your case, its highly recommended, if only for the sheer beauty of it.

It goes bzzzzzzt and the dust goes everywhere. Suppose the size of the particles depends on the speed of the fan, and the velocity of the moth. Wonder what species flies fastest? Coloured fans would also help, as would some signs from the window to the PC maybe so the poor thing dosen't get lost en route.

I'm lost and confusing myself

OMG thats awsum!!
dude, imagine one going through a tornado fan!!!

jesus, i wanna try that, but i dont wanna get my comp dirty

·
Registered
712 Posts
By law there is no such thing as animal cruelty applied to insects... they are all considered pests and can be dealt with any way you see fit... Personally... I've thought of re-routing power from my PSU and turing the fan vents into bug zappers

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My Room has been under seige by little small moths, I see them fluttering about everywhere (get's really annoying when they go for my monitor when I'm playing games) and I always seem to see them fly down towards the computer and never come back
. The fan blades and the filter housing were covered in guts and moth dust, and the filiter element had several of them impacted into it, while most fell off right as I opened the housing. *** is the only word I can use to describe it really.
I had only been running the fan for maybe a month or so, so you can see the extent of my infestation

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
omg, i thing your house has bad insect problems.....and if that was only after 1 month, inagine it after a year

i think u better invest in some bugkiller and close your windows

1 - 20 of 20 Posts