Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm building a system for a friend that wants to do a lot of gaming. He has set a $1500 budget for me not including a moniter(he already has a 21 inch) This system will primarily be used for gaming, although he says he may do some casual video editing.

I have some ideas on what I am going to do, but I'd like to hear what you guys would build for 1500.

Oh, he probably won't be doing any overclocking, but I may find a stable overclock for it and just leave it set at that.
Oh, and not that the budget would allow for much else, but it has to be air cooled.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Natel

Ok, I'm building a system for a friend that wants to do a lot of gaming. He has set a $1500 budget for me not including a moniter(he already has a 21 inch) This system will primarily be used for gaming, although he says he may do some casual video editing.

I have some ideas on what I am going to do, but I'd like to hear what you guys would build for 1500.

Oh, he probably won't be doing any overclocking, but I may find a stable overclock for it and just leave it set at that.
Oh, and not that the budget would allow for much else, but it has to be air cooled.

is the monitor DVI or Analog? also, the amd guys will have a ball with this one, considering he does a ton of gaming, but intel might come through w/ video editing. you said he does casual video editing.. AMD will be the way to go.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the moniter will support both, but I'd prefer to use the DVI so the video card should have atleast one DVI port

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Athlon 64 3200 or 3400 DTR ClawHammer

DFI LANParty UT nF3-250GB

2x512MB OCZ PC3200 Platnium Rev.2

XFX 6800GT

Some hard drives depending on how much disk space you want...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts