Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
775 Posts
CPU and GPU are both important. It matters what games you play since some games use more CPU while others, more GPU.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by jackbrennan2008
View Post

If this is going to be a gaming rig i would buy the 2500K and put some extra cash into a better GPU (Not that the 460 is a bad card) as that's the most important part of a gaming rig!

Thanks what kind of GPU should i buy? And i really need get 2600k^__^; cause it is for gaming and multitasking~~~~It's important to have overclocking~
And what about other stuff are they OK????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
953 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by mrwalker
View Post

CPU and GPU are both important. It matters what games you play since some games use more CPU while others, more GPU.

Not really, the 2500K and 2600K are the same except the 2600K has HT which actually is proven to make some games run a bit slower. If he is just gaming grab a 2500K and overclock it to 4.5Ghz+.

EDIT:

Quote:


Originally Posted by paxyong8
View Post

Thanks what kind of GPU should i buy? And i really need get 2600k^__^; cause it is for gaming and multitasking~~~~It's important to have overclocking~
And what about other stuff are they OK????

Instead of the WD black grab a spinpoint F3, its a better drive for less money. Also you might want to consider getting a 570 instead of the 460 (if your budget permits, which it does since your only at $1100.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What if i want to build intel i7 2600k desktop???
what motherboard n GPU should i go with????
I am thinking around $1300
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by kschat;12023531
Instead of the WD black grab a spinpoint F3, its a better drive for less money. Also you might want to consider getting a 570 instead of the 460 (if your budget permits, which it does since your only at $1100.)
thanks~i was trying to buy spinpoint but it has 32mb n 3.0 Gb/s n WD Caviar Black has 64mb n 6.0 Gb/s. Isn't it speed??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,916 Posts
Also even a corsair 650w would be fine for that rig
also 8gb? kind of overkill, i doubt you will ever use over 4gb
and yeah most people recomend samsung F3's over the blacks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Also aren't there G.Skills that came out recently that are called Ripjaws X that are built for that kind of system. Also I see you are going for a 850TX why not go for 750 watt instead also to consider that the PSU is not modular so if that case doesnt have good cable management your rig is going to look like a mess because you will have to fit all the cables on the back panel. It's possible but you will need patience on how to route your cables so that the panel can close.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by antipesto93;12028695
Also even a corsair 650w would be fine for that rig
also 8gb? kind of overkill, i doubt you will ever use over 4gb
and yeah most people recomend samsung F3's over the blacks
OK~~i am saving lot of money~~~thanks~so It is 650w n 4gb n sam f3 but what if i want to buy gtx 570? still the same or should i stick with 8gb?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by 713King;12028720
Also aren't there G.Skills that came out recently that are called Ripjaws X that are built for that kind of system. Also I see you are going for a 850TX why not go for 750 watt instead also to consider that the PSU is not modular so if that case doesnt have good cable management your rig is going to look like a mess because you will have to fit all the cables on the back panel. It's possible but you will need patience on how to route your cables so that the panel can close.
thanks for the advice~~~~I will double check for the case n power supply.
And i checked ripjaws but it looks slower than CORSAIR Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) so i might stay with CORSAIR.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 713King;12028720
Also aren't there G.Skills that came out recently that are called Ripjaws X that are built for that kind of system. Also I see you are going for a 850TX why not go for 750 watt instead also to consider that the PSU is not modular so if that case doesnt have good cable management your rig is going to look like a mess because you will have to fit all the cables on the back panel. It's possible but you will need patience on how to route your cables so that the panel can close.
Im running that ram on an AMD build I did just yesterday - I guess its not
just for SB lol

..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by James01ec;12028942
Take a look at this review its got a GTX570, intel 2600k cpu and asus p8p67 deluxe mobo with 4gb ram and 650w corsair psu. it should give you an idea of what the performance is going to be like.
http://www.thinkcomputers.org/cyberpower-gamer-xtreme-5000-intel-p67-sandy-bridge-system-review/2/
I am going to buy ASUS P8P67 PRO LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard n intel i7 2600k. or is there better choice around $200 for motherboard?
Should i buy 750w PSU? and there is lot of gtx 570......would u recommend one???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by paxyong8
View Post

I am trying to build 2500k desktop computer but thing is 2500k has small cpu cooler so i had to buy new cooler to overclocking so i just change my mind to buy 2600k cause anyway cooler cost about $70~" I am think around $1300.
So my question is what should i change my specs to buy i7 2600k????

After have advice from people here i am going to get those^__^thanks to all
Is that right to buy EVGA GTX570?? I am not sure about that cause there is so many kind......If u see any problems please let me know~

Intel Core i7-2600K
ASUS P8P67 PRO LGA 1155
EVGA SuperClocked 012-P3-1572-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB
SAMSUNG CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S223C - OEM
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

IN WIN Dragon Rider Black 1.0 - 0.8mm SECC Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
AeroCool Touch 2000 Controller, Panel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
710 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by paxyong8
View Post

After have advice from people here i am going to get those^__^thanks to all
Is that right to buy EVGA GTX570?? I am not sure about that cause there is so many kind......If u see any problems please let me know~

Intel Core i7-2600K
ASUS P8P67 PRO LGA 1155
EVGA SuperClocked 012-P3-1572-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB
SAMSUNG CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S223C - OEM
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

IN WIN Dragon Rider Black 1.0 - 0.8mm SECC Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
AeroCool Touch 2000 Controller, Panel


If I was going to build
Intel Core i7-2600K - Newegg
ASUS P8P67 PRO LGA 1155 - Newegg (I would only buy this board if you are going to be using SLi. The basemodel can be had cheaper and should overclock similar.)

EVGA SuperClocked 012-P3-1572-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI
If you are deadset on a 570 then thats a good price on newegg, but if you are trying to save some bucks I would go with a 470, then because you are buying the pro board I would get another 470 when you feel the need. But that would shave off over 100 bucks.

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB
Hitachi Deskstar for 51 bucks
http://www.pcbees.com/product_info.php?products_id=192

SAMSUNG CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S223C - OEM
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
I would get a Thermaltake TR2 TX modular PSU. found it for 10 bucks cheaper
http://alrightdeals.com/Item.htm?Id=...ly_6___2584493

And here it is on newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...R2%20RX%20750W

CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
I've never used this ram, i'm sure its good. I run G.Skill
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231313
And I run it at timing 8-8-7-24.

That will save ya like 160 ish.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top