Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be my 24/7 rig ,I was going to build around SilverStone Temjin SST-TJ07BW but changed my mind when I noticed the capability of 750D

Name -White Widow
. : Hardware Spec : .
Case:Corsair Obsidian 750D Black ATX Full Tower
CPU: Intel i7 4930K
GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 780 Classy
MB: Maximus Rampage IV Gene
Ram:Trident X 2600c10 or Team Xtreme 2400 c9 (16gb)
PSU: SuperNOVA 1300 G2
SSD-Samsung 840 128gb and Adata SP900 128gb
HDD-WD 1Tb Blue

. : Watercooling Spec : .
1x Koolance 380i
2x Swiftech GTX 780 Hydro Copper Classified+ Back-plates+EVGA Pro SLI Bridge
1x Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper Triple 140mm
1x Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper Dual 140mm
2 x Swiftech G¼ Male-Male Lok-Seal™ Short Extension Fitting (11-18mm Range) - Black
7 x Yate Loon 140mm Medium Speed Silent Case Fan - D14SM-12 - Sleeved
- Cable: Convert to 3-Pin only (Cut off extra connectors) - Sleeved
- Sleeve Color: Black
- Heatshrink Color: Black
1 x Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 150 - Limited White POM Edition
- Nozzles: No Nozzles
1 x Swiftech MCP35X-WT™ 12 VDC Pump
- Fitting Size: No Fittings
1 x EK-DDC Heatsink Housing - Nickel
1 x SATA 3.0 (6Gbit/s) Round Cable Straight to Straight - 24" - Black
2 x PrimoChilll 1/2" OD Rigid Acrylic Tube - 4x 24" + Black and Chrome PrimoChilll fittings
1 x Bitspower X-Station Power Extension I - Red LED (BP-XSP1M-RD)
2 x ACRYLITE ACRYLIC PLEXIGLASS WHITE TRANSLUCENT
1 x Bitfenix Alchemy Multisleeve 24-Pin ATX Extension Cable
4 x Bitfenix Alchemy Multisleeve 8-Pin PCI-E Extension Cable
to be continued..

thanks to JackNaylorPE for making this spreadsheet based on Matins data ,here you can see the difference when it comes to slow-medium fans on 120mm vs 140mm RAD

choice of fans was pretty easy since this were around for sometime
here is comparison (140mm ) D14SM-12 vs. (120mm) GT AP15+ adapter

Semi-Finish
http://www.overclock.net/t/1455785/build-log-4930k-rampage-iv-gene-corsair-750d-nexxxos-280-420/20#post_21615807

·
Registered
783 Posts
Looks great.

·
Premium Member
6,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is room for third Rad on the bottom ...still trying to decide if I should go for it ..kinda overkill
P.S. as for the wet stuff ...H20 and Nuke only

·
Premium Member
6,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,597 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this 750D ,there is opening on the bottom for 240 but I think I will skip it ( it would only allow one fan )

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Subbed!
thumb.gif

Also, a copy and paste questionnaire from a PM.
smile.gif

Quote:
Do you think that you could mount a 140mm fan on the back of the case or will the 420 rad be in the way of that? Is there a way to move the 420 closer to the front of the case to make room for a fan or is that impossible? I am asking because in my build it would really help keep a positive pressure in the case and the extra fresh air to the 420 would probably help temps quite a lot.

How are you going to make your drain port? I still have not decided if I am going to have one or just cut my tubes when it is time to change water and tubes.

What biocide do you use and why? I hear to grab PT Nuke but I read somewhere that it has some undesirable side effects. I don't remember where nor why exactly so now I am bothered by the fact I can't remember what it was lol.

Why did you decide on the 1/2 3/4 tubes? I was recommended 3/8 5/8 tubes. I know that performance-wise there will not be a whole lot of difference between sizes but I am still curious as to why you chose the size that you did. I am debating getting 1/2 3/4 tubes instead but I am not sure if I want to go that route yet.

Why did you select the fittings that you have? I am getting some from Alphacool but I have no reason to get them other than they look nice. I don't know what brands are the highest quality or anything like that and I wouldn't mind some knowledge in this department if you have some to share.
Thanks! Going to be a great build that is for sure.

·
Premium Member
6,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfcobra View Post

Subbed!
thumb.gif

Also, a copy and paste questionnaire from a PM.
smile.gif

Quote:
Do you think that you could mount a 140mm fan on the back of the case or will the 420 rad be in the way of that? Is there a way to move the 420 closer to the front of the case to make room for a fan or is that impossible? I am asking because in my build it would really help keep a positive pressure in the case and the extra fresh air to the 420 would probably help temps quite a lot.

How are you going to make your drain port? I still have not decided if I am going to have one or just cut my tubes when it is time to change water and tubes.

What biocide do you use and why? I hear to grab PT Nuke but I read somewhere that it has some undesirable side effects. I don't remember where nor why exactly so now I am bothered by the fact I can't remember what it was lol.

Why did you decide on the 1/2 3/4 tubes? I was recommended 3/8 5/8 tubes. I know that performance-wise there will not be a whole lot of difference between sizes but I am still curious as to why you chose the size that you did. I am debating getting 1/2 3/4 tubes instead but I am not sure if I want to go that route yet.

Why did you select the fittings that you have? I am getting some from Alphacool but I have no reason to get them other than they look nice. I don't know what brands are the highest quality or anything like that and I wouldn't mind some knowledge in this department if you have some to share.
Thanks! Going to be a great build that is for sure.
-no,there is no more room in the front and that's why I already cut out the back mesh and will install the intake fan for the 420 on the back
- drain port will be in the bottom front via 280 (you can see the ports on the pick above )
- I only use water and PT Nuke (1~2 drops is all you need ) since I don't use EK nickel blocks
-1/2 rigid Primochill (acrylic) tubing (it's listed in OP),fittings go together with the tubing ,this are special for this particular type of tubing
-Bitspower fittings are the best if you going with none Rigid Acrylic Tube

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhandluke41 View Post

-no,there is no more room in the front and that's why I already cut out the back mesh and will install the intake fan for the 420 on the back
- drain port will be in the bottom front via 280 (you can see the ports on the pick above )
- I only use water and PT Nuke (1~2 drops is all you need ) since I don't use EK nickel blocks
-1/2 rigid Primochill (acrylic) tubing (it's listed in OP),fittings go together with the tubing ,this are special for this particular type of tubing
-Bitspower fittings are the best if you going with none Rigid Acrylic Tube

Hope this helps
Thanks that does help quite a bit. I was planning on using an EK nickel and Acetal GPU and CPU blocks for my loop. Why does that matter for the PT Nuke? Does it cause corrosion with nickel?

·
Premium Member
6,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
EK nickel is flaky to say the list and will require anti-corrosive coolant (PT Nuke and Silver coil is/was safe for a long time )

·
Premium Member
6,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxPhenom 216 View Post

Quote:

EK nickel is flaky to say the list and will require anti-corrosive coolant (PT Nuke and Silver coil is/was safe for a long time )
EK Nickel has been fixed like a year or 2 ago. I have been running EK Nickel blocks since, with no problems, and only use straight distilled.
I don't want to make this build log about EK but all I will tell you is that there were few reports recently with nickel flaking -rusting again (one was CPU block and one was GPU blocks ) ,you may want to switch back to some other coolant
wink.gif

P.S. enough about EK please
Thank you

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Quote:

this 750D ,there is opening on the bottom for 240 but I think I will skip it ( it would only allow one fan )
There is a opening for 240 but only for one fan what do you mean by that ?

On this post I cut a hole on bottom of the case. I always wondered what it would look like in the front. But your pics it is so close up I can't really tell what you did. Or what angle I'm looking at.

·
Premium Member
6,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNOE View Post

Quote:

There is a opening for 240 but only for one fan what do you mean by that ?

On this post I cut a hole on bottom of the case. I always wondered what it would look like in the front. But your pics it is so close up I can't really tell what you did. Or what angle I'm looking at.

·
Premium Member
6,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
UT60 will overlap motherboard ,it would probably interfere with the tall RAM or air cooler
few other options :
XSPC EX420 (x 36 )
NexXxoS ST30 (x30 )

·
Premium Member
6,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm really getting annoyed with the pimples Corsair decide it to make instead of supplying the reg. standoffs
I want to apply white Acrylic to cover all the holes ,bumps,etc and make it look somewhat clean to highlight the mobo ,I will have to remove all the yellow marked "pimples" today .,the two on the edge of the motherboard will have to be cut about 40% to save the threads
P.S. I have most what I need ,right now just trying to figure out what fittings I'm missing

1 - 20 of 43 Posts