1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I think this was long overdue, but here goes nothing
biggrin.gif
. I've always wanted to make a build log, but a little hesitant, why? I honestly don't know. I settled on 911 as my rig's name a while ago; inspired by Need For Speed Most Wanted (I just like playing as a cop)
tongue.gif
. I've gone a little far already, but i still have a lot to do, so stay tuned!

RIG SPECS:

CPU: Intel Core i7 5930k
Mobo: MSI X99S SLI Krait Edition
RAM: DDR4 Kingston Hyper X 3000Mhz CL15 16gb (x4 4GB)
GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (x2)
PSU: Corsair HX 1050w
SSD: 256gb Crucial m4
HDD: 500Gb Seagate 7200RPM (x2)
Case: 600t

COOLING PARTS:

CPU: XSPC RayStorm High Performance Acetal waterblock
GPU: EK-FC970 GTX WF3 - Nickel (x2)
GPU: EK-FC Terminal DUAL Parallel - Plexi
GPU: EK-FC970 GTX WF3 Backplate - Black (x2)
RES: XSPC Photon 270 Tube Reservoir Reservoir
RES: Monsoon Series Two Premium Bay Reservior
PUMP: MCP655 PWM
PUMP: Alphacool DC-LT 2400
RAD: XSPC EX360 Crossflow Triple 360mm
RAD: Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 240mm
RAD: Phobya G-Changer 120mm Ver. 1.2
Fans: Corsair SP 120mm Fans
Tube: PrimoChill 3/8" x 1/2" Rigid PETG Tubing
Fitting: Rigid Revolver Compression Fitting 3/8" x 1/2" Diamond Knurled - Anodized White
FC: Scythe Kaze Master Pro Fan Controller

ACCESSORIES:

KB: Corsair k70 RGB
Mice: Cyborg RAT 5
Mice: Razer Naga MMO
WC: Logitech c920 1080p Webcam
HP: Logitech G35
Audio: Logitech z623 200w Sub Woofer

WORK BEGINS:

UPDATE 1: Cutting The 600T

UPDATE 2: PSU Fan Change

UPDATE 3: Painting The Case, Backplate, Fans, e.t.c.

UPDATE 4: Mini Photoshoot featuring Mobo, and GPU + EK waterblock

UPDATE 5: Installation of Core Components

UPDATE 6: Leak Testing!

UPDATE 7: Cable Management

UPDATE 8: Cooling Performance and Overclocking

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update 1: Cut Cut Cut
tongue.gif

My trusty Dremel is doing all the cutting.The 600t isn't really the best choice for watercooling, but i've grown attached to it, so modifications are necessary!
thumb.gif
. I already cut the top to fit a 360mm RAD before, but making some changes now. I also cut the front to fit a 240mm rad, and i took off one of the lower bays just to make it look cleaner when the Alphacool monsta rad is installed. I'm using galvanized metal to seal the spaces and make it look less ghetto.

I'm not super excited about the PSU cover i randomly made, but i'll see where things go, and if it can be cut to a proper length to fit perfectly.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radnad View Post

So why are you covering the PSU?
My HX 1050w i got on a budget last year is semi modular, and i don't really feel like changing it for now. The extension cables are somewhat ugly (It might look okay to others, but i'm somewhat a perfectionist) haha.

I might not end up covering it, but if i can get a nice looking custom cover, i'll do so.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update 2 Speaking of Power Supplies
smile.gif

The stock fan on the Corsair HX 1050w is ridiculously loud, i mean like jet engine loud lol, and idk why i never thought about changing it all this time (I guess warranty?). Oh well... I got my soldering iron and went to work
biggrin.gif

The noisy fan
redface.gif

Work begins

Installed and tested
thumb.gif
The AF 140 is just magical, plus that white LED adds a little more bling lol

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update 3: Painting
biggrin.gif

Paint used: Rustoleum flat black, Plastidip white, Plastidip black.

I use Plastidip on items i don't see myself holding on to for a long time because it's easy to peel off. The backplate actually came out better than i expected, and the CPU block plate was slightly off; it's supposed to be white, but it looked more like cream color (I might have OCD) lol. I repainted my PSU also (didn't take a photo), painted the fans and the rings flat back, painted case internals flat black just to make it look new again, and also did some retouching on the externals
smile.gif
. I already painted a few components before, so i'll show those off in my next update.

Oh look, it's a wasp (I had to kill like 3 of these things today, if only they left me alone, i wouldn't commit such atrocities)
redface.gif

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update 4: Mini Photoshoot for Motherboard + 5930k, and GPU with Waterblock + Backplate (i'm not a pro photographer, just having fun)
biggrin.gif
. Time to prep all items and put this build together.

8ozUEq6.jpg

tGvVBUU.jpg

vOu7vb5.jpg

sK8rgos.jpg

AfSjr0X.jpg

gFBYXCm.jpg

Thanks for watching!
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Lookin good. How many cans did it take to paint the chasis and as for the fans did you scuff them or just paint over them. Looming forward to a finish product

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by emsj86 View Post

Lookin good. How many cans did it take to paint the chasis and as for the fans did you scuff them or just paint over them. Looming forward to a finish product
Originally, i used 2 cans for both side panels and exterior (when i went from white to matte black), but now i used about half a can to retouch the entire thing. The fans were already glossy black, but i wanted matte, so i just painted over them with rustoleum flat black, and also did the same for the interior.

smile.gif

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update 5: Almost there
biggrin.gif

I've been super busy, so i had to put my build on hold, but this is the current ugly state lol. There are still some modifications i need to do (that drive bay needs to look cleaner). I'm holding off on some modifications until i have routed the PETG tubing (which i'll start today). I want to have enough room to tighten the fittings properly. Thanks for watching
biggrin.gif

·
Fusion is Future
1,393 Posts
Dat rad is fat
biggrin.gif

·
Sgt. Wolf S. Bora
4,314 Posts
Gotta love the Monstas! I've got a 240 crammed in my Corsair 550D. People can bash Alphacool all they'd like (and for some there are good reasons) but you can't deny the cooling power and presence of a Monsta in any case big or small.

...oh, and subbed!
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by catbuster View Post

Dat rad is fat
biggrin.gif
Yasss! lol
biggrinsmiley.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC Modder View Post

That is one beefy radiator you got there. Starting to take shape. Can't wait to see more updates.
thumb.gif
Thanks! I'll keep you updated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsbora View Post

Gotta love the Monstas! I've got a 240 crammed in my Corsair 550D. People can bash Alphacool all they'd like (and for some there are good reasons) but you can't deny the cooling power and presence of a Monsta in any case big or small.

...oh, and subbed!
biggrin.gif
Thank you! Alphacool products can be flimsy sometimes, but the Monsta series are Smeski!
wubsmiley.gif
. If i had the space, all my rads would be Monstas lol

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update 6: Leak Test PASSED!!!
thumbsupsmiley.png

Leak-testing at 2 a.m lol. I'm so confused as to what fluid i should use (Aurora 2 Silver, UV Clear Blue, Just Distilled water, or a mixture of Aurora 2 and some Dye?)
thinking.gif
. Oh well, the Dual Reservoir setup worked just fine! I thought i would have issues with flow-rate, but the Alphacool support pump really helps keep the flow-rate up. This loop almost took a whole gal though
mellowsmiley.gif

Mini Support Pump / Drainage System
biggrin.gif

I can finally move on to the most annoying part (cable management, and final touches)
redface.gif

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonsyph View Post

Impressive work. Liking the build, its making me wanna go hard tubing as i love the look of it.

You plan to color the water?>
Thanks!, and yes i do. I was thinking of the Aurora 2 Silver. It would look something like the image below, then i could add a little bit of dye to make it pop more. Maybe UV dye? What do you think?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.