Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't really going to do a build log, but just thought I'd share some pics with you guys
smile.gif

My new mobo and case arrived today and I'm in the process of stripping my old rig.

This is my old project (custom RAD mount), I've gone from the flashy light's and UV etc to a more subtle look. As you can see in my old project I don't really own a camera so had to make to with my phone, however for this I chose to borrow my sister's camera and share some nice pictures with you, just a note, I'm not a professional photographer
tongue.gif

Anyways without further ado here it is so far.

4BQqE.jpg

VuMmk.jpg

hdwyc.jpg

KVbmi.jpg

Wz91D.jpg

bEQWT.jpg

l2X5V.jpg

aOS4m.jpg

077sI.jpg

EgJvs.jpg

wY793.jpg

0iR17.jpg

ej2hf.jpg

After an hour or so:

mc9Hq.jpg

ZdsDr.jpg

pL2Cj.jpg

alU1i.jpg

CVW6U.jpg

quOaq.jpg

RPkpe.jpg

I ordered some black tubing and white led strip lights, which should be here in the next couple days. I'll update this as I go along
smile.gif

Hopefully it'll look a 100 times better han my previous rig lol. Afer I finish with this, I'll be looking to get some sleeving and uprgade my GPU's
biggrin.gif

Thanks for looking.

·
Premium Member
10,824 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wheee.gif
New cpu arrived and my black hose clips!!
biggrin.gif
Also messed around with the camera and tried to take some nice pic's, hopefully they look better than the ones above.
tongue.gif

XdGOq.jpg

UxrOw.jpg

RtWS4.jpg

YRydZ.jpg

Rixjd.jpg

DB0iy.jpg

QfObT.jpg

VfbXm.jpg

2XiAA.jpg

EXIvo.jpg

XobrC.jpg

2r827.jpg

bcf46.jpg

Ovys4.jpg

U37L3.jpg

CAP27.jpg

NA2Hf.jpg

EJqkF.jpg

SNxF8.jpg

R9qeS.jpg

50psi.jpg

ErZi9.jpg

RrfgU.jpg

FHL7t.jpg

Finished, thanks for looking
biggrin.gif

This is how it is for now, hopefully in the near future I'll be upgrading these puniy little gpu's for a couple 580's or maybe even the new 28nm gpu's. Also would love to get some sleeving extensions as well. Anyways now it's time to overclock this baby and see how it fairs against my old chip.

·
Storage Nut
21,112 Posts
Dude that thing is huge!!!!!!!

Sick build, cant wait for the finished resultZ!
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
10,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdon;15440110
enjoy your work in the sandy stable club, subbing this for sure!
biggrin.gif
+1
Thanks bud, hopefully it'll look so much better than my previous rig lol
tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9;15440140
Wow! All I can say is Wow!
biggrin.gif
What a huge case!! Mobo is looking small in that case
eek.gif
Mobo is an E-ATX, now imagine if I had the Standard ATX, it'd look even smaller lol

I guess it's one of those cases that I can keep for a very very long, along with the HAF-X it support's XL ATX so might come in handy in the furture
sneaky.gif

On a side note, I should be getting my black tubing very soon, been also looking at a few gpu's, thinking to upgrade to surround or something soon.

·
Initializing...
23,790 Posts
I never thought that the Xigmatec Elysium was that big wow.

Nice build indeed enjoy it once its all done.

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
Looking sick... sorry had to do it.

Can those daft braces be removed that go between the 5.25 and mobo tray?

·
335is
10,924 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewmchugh
View Post

Looks like they are Philips head screws. That is awesome considering they are almost always rivets.

·
Premium Member
10,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmchugh;15443734

lol Lemsip Max Strength has done a good job
tongue.gif

I've already taken the braces off
thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone07si;15445879
Nice!! That case is Huge! I thought my 800d was big. That case looks like it has great air flow too. Time to ditch that blue ram
biggrin.gif

Can you fit a Quad rad up top?
lol Should be getting rid of the ripjawX for a couple Dominator GTs soon.

Inside the case I'm not sure, however, I did manage to fit a quad RAD externally on top of the case on a different build with the Elysium using the same method as I did in my old project.

At the moment I only need a triple RAD so I might just mount it inside the case on the top, still thinking about how though.

Might get some work done today, however my tubing didn't arrive so can't do the watercooling, might just clean all the dust from my old rad and get it ready.

Unfortunatly I can't transfer my 2.5 Scythe Fan Controller to the new case so I'll have to order another. I'm thinking of going for THIS, it's very similar to the FC2 which I have used before.

Anyways I'll let you guys know of any updates
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
I dont think that the controller will be rated anything like the Lamptron, you should get a Touch as they can automatically Ajust fans for temps, so stick a probe in the loop an your golden, no human interaction required!

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by munaim1;15447525

lol Should be getting rid of the ripjawX for a couple Dominator GTs soon.
I have a pair of Dominator GT's
biggrin.gif
. I had 12gigs in my X58 and can only use 8gigs now. They are 2000mhz C8 2 x 2gb. In original package with the fan, and the fan hasn't been used yet. I had 3 of them.

This is what I had all of them in.
2.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmchugh;15448340
I dont think that the controller will be rated anything like the Lamptron, you should get a Touch as they can automatically Ajust fans for temps, so stick a probe in the loop an your golden, no human interaction required!
frown.gif

Bit late, I've already ordered the Akasa but we'll see, hopefully it'll be allright for what I need it for
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone07si;15449322
I have a pair of Dominator GT's
biggrin.gif
. I had 12gigs in my X58 and can only use 8gigs now. They are 2000mhz C8 2 x 2gb. In original package with the fan, and the fan hasn't been used yet. I had 3 of them.
Havn't even looked at how much they are etc, all I want to do now is get the rig up and running.

Wasn't really feeling all that great yesterday but hopefully I should post some pics today.
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
10,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hambone07si
View Post

Looking forward to it. Just sent my board out today
. At least I'm only 6hrs away from the Asus RMA center
. Should be up and running again next week.

Oh right, good luck with the RMA!!!!

Apologies for no updates, still not feeling well
damn flu

I did however manage to set up my watercooling and just testing for leaks at the moment, also my fan controller did arrived today so hopefully if I'm feeling upto it tomorrow I'll finish up and provide a few pictures

1 - 20 of 51 Posts