- Mar 3 2012 Update - Lighting comparison with PrimoFlex UV Blue tubing, Phobya FlexLight RGB, and UV
- Feb 15 2012 Update - Blue!
- Jan 2 2012 Update - HK SLI Bridge, AP15s and DIYINHK board installed here!
- November 19 Update - SLI installation complete on page 8
- November 15 Update - The quest for SLI on page 8
- June 26th Update - New Heatkiller blocks on page 4
- July 5th Update - Dual UV cathodes, second QDC set and Feser Acid Green fluid on page 6
After much research, I finally decided on the HAF X. Looking back, I probably should have went with the 932, but oh well, I'll work with this. This case is massive! Thanks to Newegg, it also will not fit under my desk! The dimensions they list, have the Length and Height transposed
Anyway, now on to the good stuff! I'll be updating this log over the next few days for all to see.
Case - Cooler Master HAF X
Power - Corsair HX750
CPU - Intel i5 2500k
Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD4
Video - EVGA GTX570
Ram - G-Skill 4x4gb 1.5v (overkill but was on sale)
SSD - Crucial C300
CPU Block - EK Supreme HF, Acrylic/Nickle
GPU Block - EK FC580 GTX+, Acrylic/Nickle
Radiator 1 - EK CoolStream 360
Radiator 2 - Black Ice GT Stealth 120
Reservoir - EK Bay Spin
Pump - Swiftech MCP355 (Laing DDC)
Pump Top - EK DDC X-Top Rev2
Fittings - Bitspower 3/8" x 5/8" Compression, Matte Black
Tubing - PrimoFlex Pro LRT UV Green
Misc - 6x Yate Loon D12SM Fans, Danger Den Fillport, FeserOne F1 Acid Green Coolant, Bitspower plug, Temperature Fitting, Lamptron FC-5v2 Fan Controller, 100ft of Paracord (great price!), some Heatshrink, 24pin braided ATX extender, 8pin braided EPS extender, a couple fan power distribution blocks and Arctic Cooling RC Turbo RAM cooler.
The initial setup will be a Push config on the 360 rad and pull on the 120. An order as been placed for more fans to switch to Push/Pull on the 360.
Coolant Note - I've read a lot about the bad times people have had with colored coolant and you should just stick with distilled. I've also seen a lot of people never have a problem. I bit the bullet and went with the FesserOne, thanks again to HAFenvy's awesome build, and got the UV tubing in case I do make the switch later.