Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
***der
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first build log on OCN. This build will take quite a while as it will involve a little light modding, lots of watercooling, and above all more money than I have.

I was cruising the cases in the for sale thread about a month ago and came across an interesting case. It was the Case Labs M8 and it was for sale locally! I thought about it for about 2 weeks and finally came to the conclusion that I had to have this case. (Thanks to XNine for helping to make this happen!)

It's been sitting in my shop now for a couple of weeks and it is now time to get the ball rolling.

I present the AquaCube build log.

Parts list:

Scavenged from current build:

Core Components:
Intel I-7 2600k have
Asus P8P67 Deluxe have
Corsair Vengeance 16gb 1600mHz RAM have
2-Hitachi SATA III 2TB hdds have
Corsair Force 3 120gb SSD have

Core Components to be added:
Corsair AX1200 PSU have
Corsair AX 650 PSU
2-MSI 6950 Reference 2gb GPUs

Watercooling:
Watercool Heatkiller 3.0 CPU cooler (Special Edition Nickel/Black) ordered
Watercool Heatkiller MIPS nickel motherboard cooling blocks Have
6950 GPU blocks and associated connectors TBD
AquaComputer Aquaero 5 XT PRO controller have but changed to Pro because of XT shorting issues
Aquacomputer Poweradjust 2 (x2) ordered
AquaComputer flow and temp sensors (x3) ordered
AquaComputer Aquastream XT Ultra pump(s) have
AquaComputer Aquatube reservoir(s) (black) have
AquaComputer Airplex Modularity 360mm radiators (copper fins/stainless side panels, one circuit)Have 1
Bitspower matte black compression fittings have

Misc:
MDPC-X sleeving have
22 Gentle Typhoon AP-15 OR Noiseblocker Multiframe M12-S3HS fans have

Case:
Case Labs M8 w/ dual drop in 360 rad mounts on top
Reverse ATX
Full windows on both sides (Have to order one side still) have

Here are a few current photos:

Current Build (Corsair 600t)

IMAG0076.jpg

New M8 Case:

IMAG0027.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

IMAG0030-1.jpg

IMAG0029.jpg

Note: I will not be using the pedestal on this build.

·
1689 Federalist
11,741 Posts
Love the case. Why two psu's? I would think the 1200 alone would be more then enough.

·
***der
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The AX650 will run the watercooling and lighting systems. The AX1200 is for the system itself. I wanted to make sure I had a lot of headroom on the PSU's for future expansion...especially if I get the surprises I have planned for this build.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by longroadtrip;15219089
The AX650 will run the watercooling and lighting systems. The AX1200 is for the system itself. I wanted to make sure I had a lot of headroom on the PSU's for future expansion...especially if I get the surprises I have planned for this build.
Now...THAT is intriguing! Can't wait to see what system would need an AX650 just for watercooling.
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by listen to remix;15219169
Now...THAT is intriguing! Can't wait to see what system would need an AX650 just for watercooling.
biggrin.gif
yes wow... i am very interesten in the WC hardware that will be goin into this rig...
thumb.gif
thumb.gif

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
^^This. I can't wait! Subbed.

·
***der
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the subs everyone! I'm really excited to do this build...as far as the watercooling goes, my girlfriend says, "your computer is getting a computer?"

I am looking forward to using all of this amazing German gear. Not only is it all amazingly engineered, it looks great too!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by longroadtrip
View Post

on a side note, listen to remix is great to buy from...package came uber fast and was wrapped like he was sending fine china...thanks for those S-3's remix!

Thanks. I wish there was a "best packager award" on OCN

It's the weekend. I hope you have time to work on your build =)

1 - 20 of 185 Posts