Overclock.net banner

[Build Log] - Azza Helios Mod

2688 Views 20 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  JRHudson
Hey OCN,

This is my first build log, so here it goes.

I built my sig rig a while ago, and I decided to take the plunge into water cooling. I'm sticking with my Azza Helios, which is wayyy too small to fit a rad in. The plan is to cut out the top of the case, and to replace it with a radiator housing, cut out the side panel fan, and replace it with a window.

I've already sleeved all of my PSU cables, getting all of it to fit is the main goal! My apologies ahead of time, I only have a camera phone to take these pics with, but I thought I'd share anyways.

Parts:
XPSC RASA RX360 Watercooling Kit
7/16th ID Compression Fittings
Sleeves from MDPC!

This is what the my case used to look like:

The Inside

And I've taken it all apart!

First Step: Side Window!
Here's the side panel disassembled, with the new window cut out.

I'll clean it up, and glue in the window tomorrow.

I've already started working on the radiator housing too, its going to look alot like large trapazoid. This is going to become the mounting plate for the radiator!

Tomorrow I'll hopefully get a bunch of work done on the motherboard tray, putting in more cable routing holes, and grommeting them!

Thanks for looking!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
4,101 Posts
looks good so far

I'll be keeping an eye on this.
Welcome to the wonderful world of modding!
Be warned though, It can become addictive lol

· Premium Member
4,101 Posts
very nice! The fans look sweet. Did the blades pull right off or ddi you have to remove washers and seals? The last time I painted some fans, I used masking tape to cover the frame and then sprayed them. It was kinda lame but they turned out good..

New window looks great too. Did the epoxy do the trick and the window is good and stuck?

· Premium Member
4,101 Posts
looking good man! That is gong to look pretty sweet when you get it attached to the top
smile.gif

I can't wait to see more-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.